The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use the UHMW wear shoes for augers and if so how are they? They claim 4-5 times the wear life of Stainless steel in combines however the price is almost near what a new auger would be. Im thinking of trying one on the vertical unloading auger in my 9600 but it would be nice to try one a little easier to get to I guess , like bin loading auger, but my machines arenet going to need these after my hardfacing job.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I put them in the bubleup auger and the vert unload auger of a 8780XP massey this fall before wheat harvest. Had a problem with the buble up auger, may be a problem unique to Massey however the leading edge of the reflighted auger was very thick with the addition of the plastic. This caused a lot of strain on the auger causing bearings to go out. Had to remove the set up and go back to OEM style, problem solved.

They do seem to wear very well, havent had a chance to look close at the vert unload auger though.

They advertise in most farm mags and have a phone number there.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive seen a couple companies making them but did notice one setup was using 3/8" thick shoes and I was concerned with the leading edge as well causing problems. It didnt seem cost effective either, It was going to be around 440$ for a set of shoes with special bolts for the vertical unloading ina 9600 but I bought the new auger for 280 from abilene and already have the hardfacing wire in my miller ready to put a hardfaced edge in the new one before installing for about 3/4 the price of shoeing. Let us know how they wear otherwise. THanks for the replys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts