The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cutting beans today and the stems were a little green but i couldnt do a decent job of spreading with them seemed like just wanted to make piles and would just throw the stems at the tires and mound up on the axles would adjusting it to make it more aggressive help do a better job?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
No : by making them less agressive they will get rid of the material before it gets to hit the tires and make piles .
Marshall

·
Registered
413 Posts
I put them on my 2388 and I left the original ones on as well, we cut some green stem beans with the 35' head the other day and I was impressed with the way things were spreading considering the amount going through the machine. and the curved ones I put in the aggressive position.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
we had them, too. Assuming you have 21XX or 23XX? Would spread well, but piled up on axle as well. Think you need to update rubber curtain or add some to hang lower. We put one on, but traded for 8010 before we got to try it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Before we added the new curtain kit we ran the spinners on reverse sides, it only spread 27' but there was no clumps in the field. Was alot better for notilling wheat behind the combine

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Our original curtains were chewed up pretty bad after we put on the curved spreader bats, so we built our own that sort of match the ones on the 25XX series. They worked fine until we got to sunflowers, then the stalks would knock the curtains into the spreaders. Yesterday (while cutting corn) the wind was blowing hard enough that it blew the curtains into the spreaders four times.

We either have to add something to stiffen the curtain, or cut them shorter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts