The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the concaves awhile ago on our 07' 9660 and the front two rows of threshing elements on the rotor still have most of the factory finish on them. In other words, this part of the rotor is doing little or no thrashing at all. Was wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Post a picture of that if you can. I doubt there is much you can do about that. It's just the way the rotor responds to the intake floor and impeller. What was your grain loss like off the rotor? Were you finding that you had to run faster and tighter to get eveything threshed properly?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well its in the barn for the winter now so kinda hard to get a picture. What I was meaning is that the way the bullet rotor tapers in the front lets you pull more thru but since the front two rows of elements are farther away from the rotor because of the taper, they are basically useless. I found out Kuchar Combine Performance out of Carlinville, Ill. has a new bar to fix this. Might check into that for next year.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:I pulled the concaves awhile ago on our 07' 9660 and the front two rows of threshing elements on the rotor still have most of the factory finish on them. In other words, this part of the rotor is doing little or no thrashing at all. Was wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

That is the beauty of Gopalite. That is the "finish" that you are referring to. It is a high wear material that is sprayed on and then baked in a hydrogen oven. The rear three rows (not on the cone) do not have Gopalite unless you bought the high wear package. Deere only offers Gopalite elements for the front 2 rows that are on the cone of the Bullet Rotor. Through service parts, you can get the rear rows with or without Gopalite. With the Bullet Rotor, those front elements on the cone got a lot bigger and a lot more expensive, so all of them get Gopalite so you don't have to replace them as often as the front ones would always wear out first on the original rotor.

All that being said, take a look at your concaves. Are they worn out more in front than in back? They should be if you are utilizing the entire threshing length.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did the bullet help for the rumbling and growling? Have a bullet coming for next year. As a mater of fact it just got built on the 22nd.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah jdman, the bullet pulls crop thru very smoothly. We really like that part about it. And bighammer, that is probably true about the Gopalite on the front two rows, but it is easy to see that since the front two rows are farther away from the concave because of the taper, they are not going to be as aggressive with the crop flow.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Concaves are level. Even tried to run the front concave higher than the rest to compensate for the bullet but still no luck. Wish john deere would open their eyes when they design something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts