The Combine Forum banner

Unload auger discharge boot?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  trakman 
#1 ·
Why did Case-IH put such a dumb looking auger discharge boot on there current model of combines? I didn't see anything wrong with the old ones, in fact I think they look kinda neat! The current POS looks like a 45 degree elbow thats needing a tube added to it! Just my opinion.

#2 ·
Instead of dropping the grain out the bottom of the tube, it is now pushed out the end of the tube. This gains you a little more length, plus the 45 degree angle sends the grain just a bit further out. The whole thing makes the auger longer, without actually extending the auger tube or flighting.

If you ever run a machine with a 36' draper, you'll be very happy for that extra length.

-Lance

#3 ·
Thanks Lance for the explanation. Looking at the other "colors"...I would guess they too dump it out the end of the auger also. I would suppose too that you might gain on the unload rate by not having the "end cap" at the end of the auger.

Makes me want to go take the end off of my 2188 auger.....NOT!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.