The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 8010 with updated grain saver on end of the auger is worthless!! I have never seen soo much grain run out after the auger is shut off. Is anyone else having this problem and if so what is the remedy? Other than that the machine is a joy to run as I'm still figuring things out everyday.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine was updated this summer! I can't believe somebody can't figure this out. Theses augers have dribbled corn for years and it seems they get worse with every model change.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think the update on the grain saver works. The grain that is spilled/dumped out is from the poor design on the angle of the spout. The grain sits up in there and empties out as you return the auger to its saddle. Word is the engineers forgot to redesign a fix for this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to disagree. Our grain is dribbling out between the door and the tube where the piece of rubber molding is glued to the auger. I am combining beans and if you can not empty the auger clear out the beans will dribble out like crazy!!I'm going to look into this more this morning as it has rained here . Just frustrating to me that we pay soo much for machinery anymore and we have the same problems reering there ugly head over and over. I mean really does anyone test this stuff!!!
I had to vent a bit, feel much better now!

·
Registered
145 Posts
But, but, I thought engineers knew everything.

Just kidding if there are any engineers out there. The friends of mine that are engineers are perfectionists and always have to have every little nagging detail. "Rig it up to make it run until we have time to fix it." is not in their vocabulary. Sorry, I couldn't pass up a shot to poke a little fun at y'all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We have a 2008 8010 which was just built in July, so it most likely has the newest version of the grain saver on it.

All, I can say is that we are VERY happy with how it works. When you shut the auger off, a little grain will dribble out for about 5 seconds, but then it stops and seems to keep the grain in really well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The boot is nice if you have a 30 foot or bigger head on since it throws the grain 3' more. The saver door or flap is not so good. I was hoping that some one came up with an idea that would make that work.

·
Registered
341 Posts
after alot of complaining on our 08 7010 a company guy came out with one he got from JD (greenpaint and all) he removed the door and put it on and problem solved. wished we had the boot from the 07 as the hole was not as open at the top which would help a little splash on top side when auger is running.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On our 07 7010 we started off removing the height adjusting bolt and didn't notice much change. We have not taken the time to do this but the next step is to remove the door completely and from what I hear by doing this all you have to do is shake the auger a little when done dumping. So yes we have the same problem!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Several changes are in store for next year, I think. I've seen at least one major one this fall that is a MAJOR help in this problem area. While it may be somewhat complicated (engineering wise) it's pretty sweet in action.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The grain saver update is worthless. To much grain is lost especially in windy conditions. The update was installed this past winter, it too was no good. We removed it and replaced it with a 5 gallon pail cut in-half. We bolted that to the end, painted it black and no more problems. Hopefully the 9120 has this problem fixed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts