The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ndfarmboy, I have heard that if we bypass the switch, after so many hours the computer will think that it is broken and send a fault code and possibly keep the machine seperator and head from starting. Now don't take that to the bank cuz we have not tried any to see if that is what will happen. I normally sit my cooler on the seat to have a quick chat with the truckdrivers or shine my windows. Be safe pls if you do bypass the switch.
Have a good one,
DeereCattopher

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Correct.
The reason I know this?
I had a code come up, phoned dealer, seat switch code.
Not defective.
Not by-passed.
Simply had not gotten out of the seat.
Can't remember if it was 6 or 8 hours.
Only happened once.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Correct.
The reason I know this?
Not defective.
Not by-passed.
Only happened once.

Don

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C00 001504.11 — The Seat Switch Has Been Closed Continuously For 6 Hours - Priority 1
The Seat Switch has been closed continuously for 6 hours. The switch or the wiring harness is shorted. The header will not disengage when the operator has left the seat. This must be corrected.

Diagnostics

Schematic

Theory of Operation

For additional reference information, refer to Other Related Information window.

Didn't JD think you can sit that long, Don.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Correct.
The reason I know this?
Not defective.
Not by-passed.
Only happened once.

Don

Rofl

Couldnt have been a JD if you didnt have to get out and fix something after 6 hours

·
Registered
63 Posts
Having the auger shut off when seat gets empty is a step backwards on convenience, isn't it??? So it is fairly had to disable without getting error messages as well??? How much weight does it take on seat to keep auger on???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts