The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new to me 2188 has all these electronic switches on the Hydro stick.....a far cry from my old manual 2 stick 1480. Will it do any damage to the electronics or hydraulics IF you activate the "auger out" or "auger in" switch and LEAVE it in either position and never return it to the "off" position?

Looks like it could be a real problem if you have several different operators through out the day.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Leaving the switch on will not hurt anything. There are limit switches that cut off power when the auger reaches either extreme of its travel. You should be able to hear the pump destroke when contact is made with the switch, if you hear the pump stay on you may have to adjust the switch so it makes contact. Hydro.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Also, the limit switch for "auger out" only works when the key is on, so if you have that set to put the auger out, and turn the key off with the engine still running, you'll hear the pump kick in again. As hydro said, you'll hear it if you listen for it.

The new lever looks a little overwhelming at first, and the header up/down button will probably seem backwards too. After using it a few days though, it becomes really nice, especially if you are pushing a header that has a reel, or if you have the field tracker kit and need to tilt it left or right.

There is also an interlock so that when the auger is all the way in and hitting the in limit switch, it won't turn the unload auger on if you click the button. It will turn the unload auger indicator light on on the A pillar, but it won't engage it. This alone is a good reason to make sure that it is adjusted so that it does properly go into the saddle and hit the limit switch when the auger is pulled it. I know people have accidentally hit the unload switch with the auger in, and left a trail of grain all the way across a field.

-Lance

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
There are two limit switches on the unload auger. One is on the saddle - it's a small arm with a little wheel on the end. The other switch is mounted on the diver's helmit (the 90 degree bend in the unload auger).

If the auger isn't adjusted right, it won't be high enough to get into the saddle, thus it won't hit the limit switch.

I have no ideal on hydraulic slow down kits. I'm sure somebody on here knows about that though. You might want to note what model year your machine is, because if there is a kit, it probably become standard at some point.

-Lance

·
Registered
192 Posts
Lance you made a good point on the saddle not being adjusted. Just ajust the saddle & check the elbow for wear at the pivot ring on the vert unloader tube plus check the switch on the saddle they do go bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts