The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the A86 unloader auger got enough lenght from factory to run a 42ft mid mount front? Is anyone running this combo with a Chaser bin?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have spoken to two owners running extensions and they have had issues with the shear pins on the drive and niether are unloading on the run. Has this been a problem for other operators?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I seriously doubt the shear pin issue was caused by the extension--the trouble we had was with the high moisture corn we had last fall guys would let the corn pile up to the boot and the grain had nowhere togo so it would roll back the end flighting--mostly operator error!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply benk8680. Do you know which brand of extension is most popular and does it have the cable strut running over the top of the barrel?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Try Niels Parts, I have a stewart steel ext on my A85 and it seems to work well. I needed it for a 45ft macdon. I did shear the spline on yoke and shaft between the cross auger and out load auger and shear bolts but this wasn't due to extension. A bit of welding and it saw 85% of the harvest out. Another fella with same set up had no problems. Only thing I dont like is the crappy spill flap of agcos on the end of the auger. Replaced the spring a couple of times and only get a day or two out of it. When auger is still full it will leak grain, how much it is hard to say but it is a pain having lines of wheat in your malt barley.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts