The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1644. I had trouble this fall remembering to turn off the unloading auger before I headed back up the field.

I would like to set up an alarm to go off when the unloading auger is still on and the unloading arm is back in its saddle.

Is there any easy solutions?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
The 16s had that lever to manually engage the unloading auger. Since there is no electrical solenoid to monitor, you'll probably just want to put a switch on the on/off lever. Maybe something like a mercury level switch so it knows if the lever is up or down. Then run that to a buzzer of some kind. You could run another switch to the unload auger saddle so it only buzzes when the auger is on AND in the IN position.

Another option would be to put a timer in the circuit. That way when you turn the unloader on, it will start to buzz after a certain time (like 2 minutes) have gone by.

-Lance

·
Registered
65 Posts
First time I am posting. I will give credit to mx270a about the mercury level switch idea. I placed that in our combine with it turning on a light next the the yield monitor.....but in good daylight it can be hard to see. You can attach the mercury to the lever behind the tool box and run a wire under the cab up to the right side and ground the light to the post.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Didn't use a mercury on ours because I was afraid of it coming in and out on rough ground, but that may not happen, I wasn't sure. I put a pushbutton make/break switch on the backside of the lever, so that when the auger is off (handle all the way back and upright), it pushes the switch and breaks the circuit, when it's forward, the switch makes up and burns my red "dummy light" just above the handle. I like the buzzer idea, at night you can't miss the light, but during the day, it's possible to miss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.