The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a thread on here a few months back about top bushing wear on the unloading auger pivot area. I replaced that bushing fairly easily in an hour or so, and no slop in the auger after that.

Now, a couple months later, weve developed a great deal of slop in the circular plate where the 90* mounts ontop of the vertical auger.

When the cylinder starts to extend to fold out, it first pushes the auger forward and then finally starts to rotate the auger out. Its bad enough that i think I can hear some noise in the splines when unloading and near empty.

Has anyone replaced whatever this wear piece is? Told it could be greasable (it is) or a nylon wear plate. It is the largest auger they offered on a 9860sts. If anyone has done it, did you take auger apart to reduce size of pieces to remove, take the whole auger off with an escavator, or lock it in the cradle, remove the top pivot and jack it up in place?

Just looking for the most efficient way to knock this out. Hasnt been a popular problem in our area yet.

Combine has around 2000sep hours

·
Registered
432 Posts
If you have the greaseable style, either the steel ring on the charge housing, or the elbow housing is worn. The parts have superceded to the greaseless, that has a plastic ring in there. You may need to drop the vertical auger to have enough clearance the get the elbow out between the tank and the turret. The one I did the auger came off in pieces onto a scissor lift. It needed to come all apart anyways for what I needed to fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.