The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my sons(one in the combine, other in the grain cart) have been "strongly" suggesting, I find a way to extend my unloading auger on my 2188. )lol) It isnt one of the long augers, and I know their are kits available. What would you guys suggest, and how easy are they to put on? Looks like we have a few days to work on this project, as rain will keep us out of the field for a while.
thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
We are probably in the same situation. Unloading on the go you are probably no more than a foot away from the tractor and grain cart. Thanks to the forward swing on the auger on the combine, we can run the header between the rear tractor tires and the grain cart. so we can have a little more cushion. Problem lies in the times you get a novice operator in the grain cart then they keep pulling away from the combine. Also a longer auger would come in handy when unloading over road ditches some times.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Case can get you one or both perhapes.

Case will sell you what they put on the 8010 which is a 3 ft piece right after the elbow and then you bolt everything back togeather.

Most guys get the one from stewart steel which we got from out case dealer.

all you do is take apart the boot and weld the small piece of extra auger they send with it and attach the tube.

do not pull on the auger.

Everything is included and i don't remember what it cost.....so sorry about that..

·
Registered
54 Posts
stewart steel model lists for $930, i sell them for 800 plus shipping. They are the way to go in my opinion. I have two of them on my machines

1 - 4 of 4 Posts