The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 1 1/2 ft extension in Shoup that would fit our 9600 unloading auger. I want to get a little more distance between the header and the grain cart and wondered if anyone out there has experience with this add-on.
Thanks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Shoups is the same as most including OEM and abilenes kit. THey work well if you can weld good and dont get it warped. The "New and improved spout" they give you is not big enough and in my opinion a little restrictive so I cut about three inches off the bottom of it all the way around to make a larger opening.
The way I figured out it was restrictive is I by accident one day in wheat got the cart too full had the spout in the pile and blew the end off, not the "safety break away rubber" but the whole dang end, and we were on the go and I didnt stop and let the cart driver finish the load off, On the next dump I noticed that the macine seemed to unload quicker with no spout and timed it on the next dump, at the end of the day I dragged the spout out of the cart and put it back on and timed it the next day and there was a fairly obvious difference in unload times, cant tell you exactly the numbers, so I cut the bottom of a bit and am happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts