The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a "like new" John Deere Titan II.

In the oat field now and plugged the header. I don't see a wrench that can turn the header back with ease like the old Masseys had. Is there a trick to it? Or does a guy just have to turn it by hand by pulling on the belt?

·
Registered
28 Posts
A Titan II should have the reverser. Look on the floorboard should be a T-handle to the right next to your feet. With seperator dis-engaged pull up on handle...then with about half throttle gently engage seperator and feederhouse. Should back out the slug. Then when feeder stops turning push T-Handle back down. Clear slug off of head and go. Be gentle on the reverser, in my opinion it was the weak link on the 20 series and can be a little priccey to repair. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i used to have a 7720 titanII with no reverser. bought this manual reverser. was a clamp that was permanantly bolted on the end of the auger. when u plugged there was a bar that hooked in the clamp and you turned the auger back. worked excellent. was quite a while back so i have forgot what it was called or where i got it from.

·
Registered
632 Posts
1. Raise header and reel up and use safety stops on cylinders.
2. Dig out what you can from the front side of header.
3. Lower header down to ground, unhook from it and back away from it. Clean out the back opening of the header.
4. Reverse feeder house and back the slug out on the ground. Then run the feederhouse forward to be sure all is cleared out.
5. Kick the slug pile outta the way, drive forward and reattach the header.

This procedure was the quickest way to unslug our 8820 in wheat or soybeans. Unhooking the header unbinds things for easier cleanout. Be safe.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Unhook, then with a good pair of leather gloves on, pull the stems out of the feeder house best you can, also clear the stems from the head to feederhouse opening. Then open concave as wide as it will go. With feederhouse disengaged, throttle easy, put seperator in gear. Wind up. Once turning full rpm's hit the feederhouse engage button and it will take what is left in the feederhouse thru with a very definite grunt, squawk, eeeek, then once clear, reset the concave to where you had it.

NOW, go back down to the front of the feederhouse and find out what happened to cause it to slug up like that. Usually, you will find a tree limb, a chain fell off, or the drive came apart on the front end. Fix it, pickup all the unthreshed stems and throw in the header so when you re-attach you will not lose so much crop due to the malfunction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts