The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see how widespread the under performance of this seed is this year? Being the most expensive I've ever purchased, it seems to have performed substantially poorer than many others around. Flea Beetle damage, Frost, and any other stress just wacked the crap of of it into oblivion.

Pic shows upcoming variety change mid-field
Cloud Sky Ecoregion Nature Plant

·
Registered
149 Posts
Im sorry to be rude
But in that pic... is there something seeded.?

( im being sarcastic of course)
But wow.
Ive seen drastic differences between varieties but this takes the cake for sure.
Id have basf rep out there in a heart beat.
I mean theyre gonna somehow blame it on you of course.

·
Registered
170 Posts
We are seeing the same with 345 south and east of Strathmore.340 looks good, tech rep was out agreed there is an issue just didn't know what that issue was, gave up on one field and switched it to barley as I wasn't going to look at it all summer. Need a sign for a couple others that says "Wasn't me it was BASF"
We also had a test strip of 340 side by side with the 345. massive difference.

·
Registered
170 Posts
We are north east of you across the river about 25 miles, seeing exactly the same thing. 345 bad 340 good.
BASF tech rep looked at it yesterday, agreed there is a big issue and thats as far as it its gone thus far, we reseeded some and abandoned some more I knew I couldn't stand to look at it all summer , Should get a big sign made and put it in the field by the highway that says
" It wasn't us it was BASF "

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Once you deal with BASF once you get a list of reasons. Don’t worry it’s just environmental

A. It was too sunny
B. It was too cloudy
C. It was too warm
D. It was to cold
E. It was to dry
F. It was to wet
G. It was a cold winter
H. It was because there was a drought in 1886

Im sure I’m forgetting a few of them but everyone gets my point. And don’t forget to vote with your crop input dollars in the future. It’s the only way to fix the broken system.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lots of beetles, no cutworms.

Will check my tags, I have a theory about the “blending”…. Anyone remember last fall how they were going to be short of 345, then all of a sudden lots. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Apparently, need to call in to 1(877)371-2273 and make complaint regarding Invigor Product Assurance

Mcfarms - Similar differences being reported around here between 340 and 45. Unsure If treat on 340 was same. Mine was Vercoras / Lumiderm

·
Registered
61 Posts
Invigor has very poor seed treatment. Doesn’t do anything to flea beatles. Vercoras was just as poor. It is unacceptable. Had to spray every Invigor acre for beatles. Have plots inside the invigor field treated with helix vibrance virtually no damage and the Invigor right beside is chewed to crap. No more Invigor unless they offer helix vibrance.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Invigor has very poor seed treatment. Doesn’t do anything to flea beatles. Vercoras was just as poor. It is unacceptable. Had to spray every Invigor acre for beatles. Have plots inside the invigor field treated with helix vibrance virtually no damage and the Invigor right beside is chewed to crap. No more Invigor unless they offer helix vibrance.
The neighbour was just saying yesterday how his invigor canola is all eaten up and he is spraying every acre for flea beetles.
I'd have thought the beetles would have drowned here by now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So far I'm super unimpressed with my 345 invigor, comparing it to the other varieties seeded in the immediate area. It went in near the middle of May. It has had "near-perfect" growing conditions (admittedly we are a short growing season with slightly cooler temps than some areas).

Seed was all treated with lumiderm. It is sluggish, and difficult to find a plant without a mild to moderate amount of flea beetle attack. It won't need sprayed for beetles, but comparing it to canola that wasn't wearing lumiderm, it looked like the beetles had a preference to nibble on my plants.

The icing on the cake was that I couldn't secure a single liter of Liberty this spring. The BASF salesman eventually stopped answering phone calls, texts, and e-mails from the chemical dealer I use. I eventually gave up and went the FBN route. - we are small customers in an area that doesn't grow a lot of canola, but still, come on....

I'm "over it", and the crop looks like it will probably turn out ok in the end, but if really surprises me that a class action lawsuit hasn't been launched over some of this stuff. Supply chain disruption is undoubtedly a contributing factor. However, the whole situation just wreaks of dishonesty and poor ethics.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts