The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very interested about the upcoming 70 series of combines from Deere....are yall sure that the combine in the pics are the next 70 series...I heard something a little more. I beleive these new combines will be far ahead of those 60 series.... I also have seen the new JD cotton baler machine...I beleive its almost ready also. thanks. Nothing Runs Like A Deere...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could be wrong...but i believe this is a prototype 70series. the actual combine that will be introduced in august will look somewhat different as for as the final design. well see i guess. it seems to me if the combine thats in those pictures are the actual combine...the cab alone is to small for all the extra things added in it. well see though....

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The guy I have on the inside said the outside and frame will not change as the factory is not setup to support a total frame redesign to be larger at this time, as it would cost a million if not more to rework the factory. I've also been told a total cab redesign won't be for a few years anyway, but in August we'll know for sure I guess.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi alex. if that is the case..why would deere even come out with a 70series combine if the capacity is the same as the 60series. what i care about the most is the capacity, horsepower alone will not do it,and deere better take notice of case and even massey. i cab interior redo is nice, but the cab itself is to small, and it seems the hydro trans gear shift...is still on the floor insted of the console. seems to me that deere would benefit better buy calling these improved 60 series to...why wait two more years then give us a real all new combine

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah..ibelieve more like a billion or some 3 figure millions to retool factory, but deere should have done that years ago. so if wht alex is saying is right..and i belive him...we may see a big difference..capacity in the 9870sts combine but that will be it

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I meant millions sorry, it could even cost upwards of a billion i suppose as every 4 combines is $1 million.

The main reason for the 70 series is the computer system I believe. They have completely revamped the electronic system in the 70 series. The 60 series was plagued by electrical problems throughout and the new system is suppose to make it better. Again only time will tell.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also....why would deere go though so much and change the inside of the current cab...of the 70series then in just two more years to redesign it again with a bigger all-new cab.....dont make sense to me. deere must be stalling...really trying to get the birotor ready! And just trying to keep the sts series competitive with the others. deere cirrently has two frame sizes..for sts...9560 and 9660 maybe extended frame for 9870.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So.....a full redo on the computer system....this may also be the test bed for a future combine..maybe bi roto, because if they redo the cab..etc.. again in two more years...what is the point ...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Don't expect anything too revolutionary with the 70s. They're more like they're just refined versions of the 60s. I've heard the cleaning system will be revamped again for the 2009 models. That seems to be how Deere Combine marketing is going lately. New model one year, 2 years later a significant update, and then another couple years, new models again. In my opinion, the 2006 Bullet Rotors should have been the 60 Series, they were more of a change than the actual 60 series was over the 50s.

I have heard that there is something BIG coming for MY2011, something involving all 3 world-wide combine factories (Moline, Zweibrucken and Brazil). At this point, the Maximizer chassis wil be over 20 years old, and something like the Bi-Rotor might be introduced on an entirely new chassis. A Global combine.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Look at John Deere.com and Agriculture, then order parts, you will have to sign in, go to John Deere parts catalog and then go to 9770sts.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Concering the transmission, i exspect that they will be equipped with the prodrive transmission of the SFPH`s and there is no gear lever at all.

·
Registered
378 Posts
It is a well known fact that new models means more sales. Does not need to be much different for most loyal jd owners to buy. That's what is behind the new model designation.

Jono

1 - 16 of 16 Posts