The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you missed the original post on HUR on a 9750, here's a link to it. http://combineforums.proboards.com/index....ay&thread=22260

So we had a little accident a while back that involved our combine. We had to replace the hopper and unloading auger. So we decided to convert our 9750 over to High Unload Rate. I took some pictures for everyone to see.

Before the accident

The accident

Surgery

The Donor Hopper

After Surgery

I didn't want to post these before i knew if everything was working correctly. But everything is working perfectly. I know it's hard to tell if the auger is bigger or not, but trust me, it is. It unloads way faster than the old Low Unload Rate auger did. The 9870 hopper bolted right on and the 9750 has more than enough horsepower to run that big unloading auger, even while unloading on the go. So i think we probably have the only 9750STS around with HUR and now everyone knows it can be done.

Questions and comments definitely welcome.

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
I've been wondering for 3 months why you had to do this.
I still don't know.

How is it that did so much damage to warrant doing this?

Don

·
Registered
961 Posts
i was a little skeptical if it would be worth it when you first asked about it but guess i shouldnt have been. great job

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bundy. I hope a few neighsayers see it. I don't want to say i told you so, but.....

Thanks Drago. I definitely think it was worth it. I can't believe how much faster it unloads.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks good. I have replaced a few grain tanks on sts machines before and believe me it is no easy job. I see you left the cab on to do it. I removed the cab to give a little more wiggle room.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
We had a shed come down ontop of our combines one year and we had to replace the whole grain tank. Out combine look exactly like that all stripped down, our dealer had to rent a crane to drop it in place.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When it hit the unloading auger, it pushed the auger out off of the support pin and then bent the auger down. When the auger bent down, it buckled the side of the hopper. That is why it needed to be completely replaced.

·
Registered
66 Posts
nice work jdstsman ,i bet you went and checked to see if you paid youre insurance when you saw youre machine crushed, good forsight to think of putting hru auger on probably feels like you have updated youre machine does it . cheers shooter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sure is a good looking used grain tank you got there. Glad to see it made it up there. Funny i took a pic before it left here same angle and it didn't move a inch.
Sure looks great and you should get alot of life out of the tank with less than 200hrs on it.
Was there much issues bolting up?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ew trewrt wert wert ewr
Thanks Ryan. I was happy with the shape it was in, basically new.
The only issue was we had to get a new hub made for the unload auger drive shaft because it wouldn't line up and the belts would run crooked. I think it's because your machine had the 13.5L and ours is the 8.1L. The clean grain elevator bolted right up with no modifications needed. We just had to get the housing where the grain tank loading auger tube hooks on so it would clear the floor augers and then we could use the bigger loading auger from the 9870 too. We also welded the grain tank leg reinforcement kit in before we installed the hopper, so we shouldn't have trouble with breaking the tank legs now.

Thanks shooter. It does seem like a different machine, even though it only really the auger that's different. The HUR auger should increase the resale value if we ever decide to sell it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks really good stsman. It sure looks funny when it's all stripped down like that. I just can't believe that Deere hasn't reinforced the grain tank legs on the newer machines yet, since they know it's a weak spot. Maybe they'll fix that problem on the new machine.:)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks jdfanatic. I agree with you on reinforcing the grain tank. I know there are a few guys on here that have had trouble with their grain tank breaking. When our combine was in the shop there was actually another 9750 in there for a greenlight and both front grain tank legs were cracked. And i don't think all the combines with this problem had aftermarket extensions either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts