The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any updates for the 7010? I know the auger boot is supposed to be replaced because it leaked grain out all the time, but is there any other problems I should watch out for? Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
117 Posts
the feeder chain spring tighteners will be replaced with larger springs and spacers inside the springs and ask about getting new software downloaded into the ECU that gives engine smoother ramp up to high idle. the software is not an update but the springs and unload boot are and will be done later with wheat guys first

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, I will check into that. I never had any trouble with the spring tightners on the feederhouse but it seems a lot of people have.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We have bent the bolt inside the spring on the feederhouse chain tightners and bent the angle iron the bolt goes through twice. That tightener sure needs to be redesigned. There is a belt tensioner that needs a zerk installed on the rear right side. Our 7010 has good engine power, not sure if I want to start messing with engine software.

·
Registered
117 Posts
the new bolts and spacers should help with that problem they are on the new 20`s We put zerks on all the belt tensioner pulleys in pre delivery except the unload belt so high didn`t think anybody would grease it. It gets to cold here to use grease hoses effectively so we leave it be and haven`t replaced it yet,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts