The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you can pick up a good 820 for less than $1000, and a $1020 for $3000 on up. Personally I don't think the 1020s are that much better to justify the extra cost especially for low acreages. Both heads will fit any combine starting with your 815 on up to a new 2588. I had a cherry 820 20' that I sold for $800 this fall I really didn't realize how good a head it was till I helped the guy that bought it set it up and kicked myself for selling it too cheap

Another place to check is Young's Custom Ag Service, they rebuild old 820 heads. They rework the cutterbar and boy to they shave. website www.youngscustomagservice.com

Are there any 1440s-60s in your area? They can be bought around here for around $5000, maybe less if you catch one before it goes to salvage. And many of them are good combines yet

·
Registered
27 Posts
i ran a 715 for 10 years. 7 of those years were with an 810 head. the last 3 were with a 1020 head. those last 3 were the most enjoyable combining i had with the 715 until i bought a 1620. i have had the 1620 for 9 years and i run the same 1020 head on it. i like what young's does to the 820 head. a 15' will cost around $7500.

good luck!

Duane

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im from north-central Iowa. I have a neighbor that about to knock a decent '78 1460 in the head. If you want I can get you his number. Trucking from here to Mich I'm sure would cost you at least several thousand though

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to this forum. I am a small farmer, 80 acres mainly soybeans, with 50 head of cattle, in michigan. I currently have a late 815 lo-pro which operates fine except I have an 810 head that is past its time. I would like to upgrade to a newer rotary combine but cannot do it right now. But i do need a newer head for my machine so I can continue to use it. Which head would be a good upgrade and be useable on a 1400 or 1600 series? My head is a quick attach, where the feeder housing stays on the machine but not the one with the top pipe brackets. Thank you for any help on this subject.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts