The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ahead and installed the 'speed up' kit that we have been talking about. I wanted to do some cutting, in this years' crop, without it, and then install it ; in order to [hopefully] be able to see/tell a difference. You know how it is in harvest, though...you want to get 'er done (!), and not mess around with things unless they are absolutely necessary. It took about 35 minutes, and was very simple.

I also installed a EzView Dust Diverter. This is the brand that runs off of the feederhouse chain. This install was very straight forward, too; and took about 45 minutes. The instructions stated to apply weather stripping around the feederhouse inspection door [holes] (and I did) , but I also put weather strip around the entire outer edge of the unit. There was 17 feet of weather strip included, and the feederhouse door holes only took about 8 feet...The remaining 9 feet, and a few feet of my own was enough to do the outer diameter.
I hope that the Diverter works as good as stories I've heard. I know that milo dust coming up in front of the window, out of the feederhouse, can be real bad, especially at night. I know we've talked about it before, but for those of you that already have the Diverter, just how good is it? Does it get most of the dust, or would you say all of the dust? I remember someone saying to "keep a belt and a couple of bearings on hand" Do the blowers get the dust to the ground, or are the sides of the feederhouse covered in crud and dust?
Overall, it appears to be a good unit.
I will post my personal results as soon as I do some work with the 'bine !!

Here is a picture of the Diverter. I removed the large, unattractive decal that was on the front of the unit, and touched it up w/John Deere Green. Sorry about the poor quality, the pic was taken with my cell-cam:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
well im not too sure since on our 9510 it had a factory dust diverter...but i they pull the dust in and push it back through the feederhouse...it gets a large majority of the dust...it'd have to have one heck of a fan to get all of the dust lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It doesn't blow it into the ground, just down and bleow the feeder house.

I said to keep a spare belt and bearings, that's all there is to it.

The 10/50/60 series integral fan is a joke, 75% of them are unhooked b/c they plugged in corn or milo and burned the belt, the GVL unit removes the dust, leaves and chaff and doesn't plug or suck grain out of the feeder house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts