The Combine Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
All top cell phones are really close competitors, wawei is the cheapest .
Think none of them made in western world , they all spy hahaha unless you put them on your drill and after two hours it’s gone .
What a gong show those tariffs , if my business partners treat me like that I quit buying or selling from them .
Can’t see any possible positive long term. end result coming out off such behaviour

·
Registered
202 Posts
was reading that huawei actually uses google services to improve user experience so info is used both by google and huawei. kind of strange how we always trust the brands that have been here the longest just because we think there safe doesnt mean they are. huawei is actualy way ahead in technology and makes good stuff its just too bad that they have got caught up in the whole political thing. its kind of the same as deere buying out companies or saying certain things about competition because they are behind and as soon as they made a quadtrac it was the best thing ever. i like free markets and competition but there is no such thing out there anymore it seems like.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I am far more concerned at the rate they are taking over Africa, with a war, without shooting a single bullet.
Lending money, that they know the country cannot pay back. And then taking over assets for payment.
They control some of the biggest ports in east Africa and own most of the irrigation land along the lakes in the Nile system.
In a few years, most parts of Eastern Africa, will be in Chinese control. They will no longer be needing imports from the USA and Canada to supply them with soybeans and corn.
Our country is falling in the same trap, with a large part of our coal and metal reserves being sold of to china, with a direct train line, they plan to build to maputo harbor (which they control).
So don't know if a couple of cellphones is the real problem, it is a matter of concern, but I think there is a bigger problem waiting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ah the old XJ/YJ where night shift could listen to you romance your wife you hadn't seen for 3 months. Either that or Art Bell.

·
Super Moderator
2,757 Posts
Ah the old XJ/YJ where night shift could listen to you romance your wife you hadn't seen for 3 months. Either that or Art Bell.
Yeah, but as you only heard 1/2 the conversation the mystery was enhanced!
“Usually” only heard half the conversation.
One afternoon while waiting for an open channel Brian and I were able to hear the entire conversation.
Wonder how that relationship turned out, to suggest it was rocky on that call is a gross understatement.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts