The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping to replace my 1640 which was wrecked during harvest. I had to rent a 2388 for the last 60 acres, and although its way overpowered for my 6 row Geringhoff Rota-Disc, I'm wondering if it'll be best machine for the money. And will give me the potential for some custom work, and growth in the future years. The shear abundance of machines to choose from on TractorHouse is amazing, and they aren't much more expensive than 2366's or 2344(which are hard to find) with equivalent hours. Would like to get one with 1100 to 1400 separator hours, and I need to know what to look for when inspecting one. What should I expect to have to replace by 2000 hours? Probably looking at a 2001 or 2002 model years. Any problems with these model years?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Re: USED 2388

The 2388 that I have is an 01 and I have had absoultly no problems with it yet. Depending on what crops it has cut I would start with the rotor bars and transport veins and elephant ears then look at the clean grain auger. Look at the rails that the sievs run on (the shoe) especially where they bolt to the shaker arm bushings front and rear check this area for cracks. If you do find cracks Lowen sels after market rail (I call it a rail not sure on correct termonlogy) that is "beefed up" . Back to the rotor, if it does not have the AFX rotor- Lowen sails a aftermarket bolt on kit, I put it on my machine and really like it, and thinking of doing it to the other two machines. I have to go get my daughter but will finish later

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: USED 2388

we have a 2388 with 6000 hr on it and with good matinince it will be a good machine for a long time. The problem with the mid 2000 hr machines is that they are not rebuilt.As I read and know is that a tevery the 2000 hr mark is time for a rebuild

1 - 3 of 3 Posts