The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at buying a used 4930 john deere sprayer that has done 2600 hours. 36m boom.
What should i be looking for that gives trouble and has anyone had any issues with there sprayer around those hours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
See if there is any history on the hubs, wheel motors and hydro. If machine has been used in heavier country this may have presented a problem at some stage but other wise my experience they are a pretty good machine

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Test drove one today and was impressed with the screen running both rate and auto steer. The smalll granni pot seems strange. Can you fit an after market bigger one.? What is the fuel useage

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Test drove one today and was impressed with the screen running both rate and auto steer. The smalll granni pot seems strange. Can you fit an after market bigger one.? What is the fuel useage
I agree the granni pot is small and hard to rinse 20lt drums that have the cap on a corner. I have seen a crop lands poly 50lt one retro fitted to the same spot but I am going to persist with my 4940s pot.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Good to hear somebody uses the granni pot(as you call it) Everyone here fires the chemical in through a chem handler.

I blew the return line on the left front wheel this fall. Not real difficult or expensive but real messy job none the less. I think I will do the right one now as preventative. Look at the solution pump. Once they wear they leak at plug and most people tap it out and put a bigger plug to make it last another year.

Unfortunately the expensive repairs like hydro pump failure cant be predicted even by a pro.

Good overall sprayer. The 2630 display is better than what most other makes have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
we have ran them, onto the 4940s at the moment, only problems were with the hydraulic hoses rubbing through, this wasn't a major problem, but we have the ability to make and install new hoses fairly rapidly.
only other problems were operator error, getting a bit close to obstetricals with the boom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.