The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2007 580R, and I have a few questions.

1. Is the Cebis standard on Lexions of this age? The dealer mentions a quantimeter, but no mention of the Cebis.

2. The specs say the machine is autopilot ready, so what system do I need to purchase for auto steer?

3. Finally, what updates would I want to look at for this year machine? We raise durum, peas, lentils, and occasionally flax or canola. I have read on here that the sieve cranks help quite a bit.

Here is a link to the dealer that has the combine:

Challenger 2007 580R

This is a Case dealer and they don't know anything about Lexions. Frankly, there are only a couple of farmers in our area that run them, so we would be having a bit of a learning curve. We currently run a 9650 walker machine. Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

·
Registered
929 Posts
The CEBIS is standard equipment... it is whats used to control pretty much every aspect of the machine.

If it is Autopilot ready that means the wiring and sterring valve is on the machine. To steer in corn you would just need to have a head with the feelers on it, or in your case you would be more interested in the laser pilot system that can sense the edge of a swath and follow it by seeing the difference between standing crop and cut crop.

Or you would need to add a GPS system that can control the auto pilot valve. You would need to add the GPS, wiring harnesses, a controller of some sorts.

Does it have a yield monitor in it? Not sure how the 500 series machines worked with the qauntimeter... that might all be through the CEBIS. My 740 has the qauntimeter but my Ag Leader Integra reads all the information off the canbus system and maps it. I can the add the AL paradyme gps equipment for autosteer.

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
Good to see they such accurate info in that link, it's made by Challenger and the Engine has 0 cc.:rolleyes:
Pretty sure their wrong in both cases.;)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Gotta love the stereotypes lexions carry with them! Other companies wouldn't know what you asked if you said claas! I think 07 might be older style rotor bearings but could have been upgraded! The crank kit makes big difference but was told by lexion rep that combines seemed to work better in canola without them last year go figure!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I cant get over how cheap machinery is in the states, that same machine here in Australia with similar hours would be up around the 300k mark.

·
Registered
29 Posts
quantimeter will not work with ag leader on 500 series nor will auto pilot valve like a 700 will you have to add ag leader steering valve on a 500 series machine

·
Registered
44 Posts
would have similar package in Nebraska that had been thru Claas inspection & field ready recon program. Then you would know what you had, not a Challenger :):) Scary what a dealer will advertise, may have to trade with them :):)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quantimeter will not work with ag leader on 500 series nor will auto pilot valve like a 700 will you have to add ag leader steering valve on a 500 series machine
So the ag leader would steer the machine and I would just have to stick with the quantimeter for yield and mapping?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We still haven't pulled the trigger on this 580R yet, but I am slowly wearing down the other half (my father). This appears to be a good machine, but I want to add a couple of things to it. For autosteer, we have a couple of Outback lightbars (the S2's), so my plan is to just add the E-drive system to this machine for autosteer. I would prefer an all-inclusive system for autosteer, yield mapping, etc. However, since this combine already has the quantimeter for yield, it looks like the Outback is the simplest/cheapest mode at this point. The header I'd go with is the F540. Does anyone have any experience with this header (or the F535) with a Crary Wind System on it? I think it would help with lentils. Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Make sure you have correct concave that is needed. Make sure if you buy a F535 or 540 to set your Accumulators accordingly.

Trimble steering is another option that works well...

If you want an "all-inclusive" system Ag leader is your best choice... But you have to put there quantimeter on...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did they mention you can only see the yield data as it comes in with the Claas Quantimeter. You can store the data to a card and load it into SMS I believe but if you want "real" yield mapping I would def go with an AG Leader Yield monitor setup.

You can usually find the yield monitor portion for $4-5K and the new versa monitor for $2800-3K.

You might Be able to find a used Insight cheap also.

Most of our guys went with or converted to AG Leader Yield Monitoring for the mapping.

The new system is very nice using the Quantimeter for yield and using can to map the data on the AG Leader and now the Trimble FMX.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would really like yield mapping, but we might have to skip for this year. I don't believe we have an Ag Leader dealer in the area, and I don't really want to have to swap in an entirely new setup for yield. If we like the combine as much as I think we will, the next one will definitely have the full yield and mapping set up. Thank you all for the tips!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts