The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My used 9410 combine the left side flashers dont work. My JD dealer says I need to replace the whole circuit board for 976.00--just for one side flashers! Can these boards be fixed? Or after you take apart you have more troubles? Also the feeder house dust fan bearings are gone, so I didnt use all year--any problems if I just leave it broke? Next Ive found the grain tank auger floor rusted out, whats the best fix? Poly or S.S.? Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
Get a quote from farmtronics before you send it. They are not cheap and it may be better to get a used board from a wrecker. Farmtronics usually have a minimum fee that is pretty steep just to diagnose or look at it without doing any repair.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
What about just putting a jumper wire from the right side flasher to power the left. You would not have siginal lights but would have 4 way flashers if the draw is not to much for the breaker or fuse.
Along the same line of thought as SSK, what if you just added a signal light switch from a truck? Signalstat I think. Power it from a reliable source and run all your signal lights from the new switch. On my Lexion 480 I was having problems with the power draw on the main front work lights melting the fuse and holder that is part of the main circuit board. You don't want to replace that! I found that the wires were WAY too small to be carrying that much current. I ran 2 #10 cab tire circuits with continuous duty relays right up to the cab roof and used the old circuit to trigger the relay, which is only about .1 amp. No more problems with over heating and the lights are brighter too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.