The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on using our PRO 600 as our spraying monitor for use on our new Case SRX pull-type. Purchased the new ISO BUS harness for tractor as well. Anyone else have experience with this type of set-up ? I know the new 3330 Patriots are now using the PRO 600. How are they working for you guys that have them ?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
We just took it out of our new 4420 and put in a Viper. The biggest problem with the PRO 600 was guidance, it was not accurate enough and occasionally it would quit all together and we had to uninstall and then reinstall the software.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Can you be more specific? What signal were you running? Broadacre or ridgetill, etc? What issues did you run into?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
we where just running a WAAS signal and sometimes it would skip 15 ft to one side. We put our old Cultiva back in and used the pro only as a rate controller. Don't get me wrong, we where very excited to have it at first because we could custom tailor the pages to what you want to see but as far as the autosteering part it is not very high end.
For example you cannot make a boundary and set your A B line at the same time.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sure you can - I've done it. You have Boundary Record and Swath Record on your Run screen, and start them whenever you want. You can record them independently of each other, or at the same time. Or you can record a boundary and then make a guidance line from that boundary.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Hi Torn,
Can you make a guidance line right from the boundary so I would not have misses, right now I make a boundary and make a guidance line seperate but I have to guess a bit if the field is not straight on the side I am setting my guidance line. It would be nice if I could do a boundary and the 600 would let me know where to put my line so I have no misses but minimal overlap.
Thanks
Curt

·
Registered
560 Posts
For Spiral and Field Swath patterns, you can create a swath based on the boundary. (You can also create a boundary based on these swath patterns.)

·
Registered
133 Posts
A lot of the issues mentioned are probably 99% to do with the software in your Pro600. If it is running v.24 definitely get your dealer to upgrade to 25. And make sure Precision Farming is 25.3 as well as Autoguidance 25.3. These are a couple upgrade patches to the software to improve guidance.
P.S. I work for a case dealer working specifically with stuff like this.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm running a Pro600 in my 3330 this year. We've had minor issues with the guidance. At one point I simply lost GPS heading. After several attempts to install old software, new software, new NavII controllers, and even contemplating a new Pro600, they simply put a new 262 receiver on the roof and voila!, it worked.

You most certainly can be creating a boundary and A-B, or Swath, or Curve lines at the same time. I do it in multiple fields every day. The only major disappointment for me, having run an AgLeader Insight last year, was the lack of Application Reports. I do lots of custom spraying on the side, and I don't have any way to enter weather conditions, soil conditions, notes, etc like I used to have on my Insight. Otherwise, I'm impressed with the Pro600.

·
Registered
560 Posts
@cyfarmer - do you have the Enotes software installed in your Pro 600? This software allows you to record weather and field conditions, plus spray tip information and other notes.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Torn, I don't think I do, or at least don't know about it. Where would this be located and how would you go about installing it if I don't have it?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Go to Diagnostics > Version, and see if it's listed, or go to Performance, and see if there is an "Enotes" tab.

If it's not there, ask your dealer to install it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't have eNotes, and when I asked the district service guy about it, he had never heard of it. I'll have to do some checking on this one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts