The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new line of equipment for the 2015 crop year, I will have a sectional bourgault drill with x30 monitor, an s series combine and an older 4830 with a 2600 monitor.

I am thinking of purchasing apex to keep track of my data as well as using myjohndeere. I would like to create boundary maps before seeding if possible(or with drill if need be) and would like to create my on variable rate maps just field to field the first year then use yeild maps and other maps later on. would like to keep track of yield maps as well and spraying

Does anyone have any experience with this? or An idea if this will work or if there is a different, better route to go?

Thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
I was told by the local dealer that they are trying to get everyone to use myjohndeere instead of apex. I use apex and have been satisfied....haven't tried the myjohndeere yet...V rate is easy in apex. the program was cheap back when I bought it and support has been great. all updates but 1 have been free and it was only $100. If you don't have rtk, you will want to turn the section control off for the 1st round! good luck

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
apex is simple, bought it in november last year $900. It does what you need, myjohndeere is not an apex replacement, just a a thing to see your data online. Is a bit of time to set up and is slow, but works good, and will only get better. deere is going full wireless with data transfers soon (MY15 8R's are fully wireless)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you think I would be able to import yield maps from combine (should work) and export prescription maps to my x30. Do I have to use seeding maps to get field boundry? or is there any way to get that now?
thanks
Also where do I get satellite imagery maps?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
so you think I would be able to import yield maps from combine (should work) and export prescription maps to my x30. Do I have to use seeding maps to get field boundry? or is there any way to get that now?
thanks
Also where do I get satellite imagery maps?
Yep will import very easily. If you are running greenstar in your machines you will be able to export it and set it up.

Only use the seeding maps for boundaries if they were recorded with RTK.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
theres a few other things it'll do, like VR maps, reports, drainage.

I actually run both apex and AgLeader SMS Advanced, sms is quite alot more feature rich, but its twice the price. apex is simple and ideal if your only wanting yield and prescriptions

·
Premium Member
2,789 Posts
This stuff is moving along fast. Hard to keep up with. It is quickly becoming more user friendly. I currently use Farm Works with office sync. I try to watch the other guys also. They seem to be running a close race. Ahead in some places, behind in others. One thing I have noticed is they advertise it to be simpler than it really is. Trimble is horrible for this. Or advertise things before they are even available. Most all do this one. Best to find a guru at a dealer and have them run though it with you for a while. Also take a few classes. They may make you not want to do all this as much. I think it is worth it in the long run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.