The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably need a bigger and newer slip tank eventually. Have a 400ltr D tank now and it’s adequate for seeding and haying but harvest could be bigger. Thinking of using a flat deck trailer to haul extra fuel when necessary and extras like canola seed. Anyway I wondered about using a chem tote. Many used ones available around here that have held all sorts of oilfield chemicals so they should hold diesel fine. I’m just wondering about practicality and legality of doing it, and if anyone has done it what are some good tips.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Probably need a bigger and newer slip tank eventually. Have a 400ltr D tank now and it’s adequate for seeding and haying but harvest could be bigger. Thinking of using a flat deck trailer to haul extra fuel when necessary and extras like canola seed. Anyway I wondered about using a chem tote. Many used ones available around here that have held all sorts of oilfield chemicals so they should hold diesel fine. I’m just wondering about practicality and legality of doing it, and if anyone has done it what are some good tips.
I can’t find the thread about this topic from a year or 2 ago, but it covered everything about this topic very well iirc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts