The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting hoppers on some older 3000 bushel bins. Have a 5000 bushel bin with a v trough that was used a lot last year and seemed to work ok. Don't know if its worth the extra $2K a bin for rockets. I usually combine dry and would only be trying to bring moisture down a point or 2 if I combine tough.

·
Registered
489 Posts
We have both..The 5 hp rocket seems better than a 5 hp V trough..
For drying or just cooling...
Would get a 7 hp on V trough if we get any more bins...

·
Registered
385 Posts
I’ve just been priced 16500$ for a 28 foot diameter hopper. Very reasonable I think. I have rockets in some 2406 on hoppers good for cooling but wouldn’t like to put grain in too tough. Wat are you guys hearing for hopper pricing.

·
Premium Member
5,243 Posts
Last gen farmer did you mean to say 18ft diameter hoppers or 28ft diameter. What size of bins and type of air were they quoting. The used 18-5 hopper bins were sellling for $16000 at the auctions here this past week which I though was high for older bins.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
1805 with a rocket and a OPI cable were 16,500 last fall. That was for a WESTEEL the meridian were cheaper by a bit. 2406 with a v trough were 29,500 or so under the winter early book program.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The 16500 was for hopper only to go under some chiefwestland bins I have. The concrete is breaking bad and the pads have sunk since they were put there. With the hoppers they should last me out. Air was a v trough for 2k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts