The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used much of these? Are they as good as avadex or edge- pre- applied for wild oats etc?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Used Valterra very good on kochia in pulses. Haven’t used the other one.
Problem is these chemicals are way too expensive to basically control one weed! Look at Authority, and Simplicity.
Haven’t used Avadex for years not sure what it’s priced at.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Used Valterra on some nasty kochia land we rented last year. Very impressed with it, sprayed in October and planted large greens in spring. Not a single kochia weed this year. Still had a mess of wild oats, and I think fierce is supposed to control them but I have no experience with it.

We are in a heavy gumbo area, I hear of guys using in on lighter sandy land not having as good of results.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Used Valterra on some nasty kochia land we rented last year. Very impressed with it, sprayed in October and planted large greens in spring. Not a single kochia weed this year. Still had a mess of wild oats, and I think fierce is supposed to control them but I have no experience with it.

We are in a heavy gumbo area, I hear of guys using in on lighter sandy land not having as good of results.
I too have used Valterra. Works good. But I did not know that you can spray it in the fall. We sprayed after seeding. Fall Aplied would save us a lot of time in the spring.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Fall applied Valtera on some bad kochia ground and it was very clean this year even with a poor crop of wheat. Expensive, but a useful tool to have access to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wouldn’t apply with tillage, whole idea is to kill the seeds germinating on the surface. Burying the new kochia seeds would defeat the purpose of applying the chemical.

Might work ok bit it would suck to waste money on such an expensive chemical.

·
Registered
942 Posts
What rate for valtera have you guys used? 53 60 or 80 acres per jug. And do you use a surfactant like li700

1 - 9 of 9 Posts