The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I,ve got a 9500 that the variable speed cylinder sheave will only move with the belt off (like there's not enough pressure with the belt on). I have tried swapping several things around on the valve stack (spools and solenoids). Just curious if the solenoids are not getting full voltage?? I've got 10.8 What is the voltage suppose to be? It has a new hydraulic pump. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
First thing I would check would be the piston in the upper variable sheave is not leaking you should notice some oil leaking out of the sheave. Remove the oil line and take out the bolts and the piston will slide right out. Usually it will wear a hole in the end of the piston where is pushed against the pin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took that piston out last evening and doesn't appear to be any oil in there just grease from greasing the sheave.

A little more history, I changed that belt about week ago and that's when this problem started. Would that piston get an air lock and need to be bled like brakes? Was gonna try that last night but didn't have help.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I assume you have the separator engaged when you try do adjust the cylinder? Forgive the obvious question, but nothing will adjust unless the sheaves are turning.

10.8V does sound low, but if the piston moves with the belt off, then the valve is obviously opening. Perhaps undo the fitting at the cylinder, and check for oil flow out of the hose.

I've had that oil line off plenty of times without ever needing to bleed anything. Compressed air or oil should be enough to move the piston.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had to run the variable speed several times to get it to move but that was when replacing the cylinder. Did you by any chance put something in the intermediate sheaves to keep them open when you changed the belt and forgot to take it out? Maybe the valve for the cylinder speed increase needs replaced, that is the valve the solenoid goes on not the entire valve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I have the separator running when I try to adjust the cylinder.

When I took the piston off I checked the sheave to make sure it moved freely. I also checked for oil flow from the line that goes to the piston and it seemed fine.

Just thinking now, maybe the lower sheave is stuck. somewhere else on here I read that there's supposed to be a 1/4" gap between the lower sheaves and there's not any gap on this one. I'll check that in the morning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem Solved

Got the problem solved this evening! There was no poppet in the valve that controls the cylinder speed! The same time I changed that belt I had a mechanic working on a different hydraulic problem and he must have taken out that poppet and lost it. Any way its back working like it used to. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.