The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what people's experience has been with these?

Vern's Custom Agro

I've got some heavy canola this year, and was thinking of adding one of these to my hesston 8100.

My concerns are that this would cause too much shelling out of my canola when swathing. Has anyone experienced that before?

Any advice would be helpful! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Used to have one. They are great with big swaths and/or swathers with small openings. Haven't had one for a while now and haven't had any trouble. I do know a couple guys running equalizers instead of swath rollers....

Andrew

·
Registered
484 Posts
Used to have one. They are great with big swaths and/or swathers with small openings.
Andrew
I agree with Andrew. Used to have one and it worked great really helped the swath to flow out of the opening and under the swather without catching and bunching and left a lot nicer swath to combine. Only problem I had was once in a while (and I do mean not often) it would wrap with canola, but that was usually operator error (at least in part) and if you stopped right away and cleaned it off it was no big deal. The longer you left it the more work it was to untangle off the roller.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I agree with Andrew. Used to have one and it worked great really helped the swath to flow out of the opening and under the swather without catching and bunching and left a lot nicer swath to combine. Only problem I had was once in a while (and I do mean not often) it would wrap with canola, but that was usually operator error (at least in part) and if you stopped right away and cleaned it off it was no big deal. The longer you left it the more work it was to untangle off the roller.
Only had ours wrap once. Cleaned it and tried again. Instant wrap. Cleaned it again and stood back to look. Somehow the setting for the fingers had come loose and the timing had changed such that the fingers were coming out on the bottom and then pulling the swath over the top of the roller!

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts