1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was bound to happen.
Last night it did.
Poppa came home and he was in a fit.
He worked a dozen hours keepin' the chisel plow in line.
He wasn't looking for surprises it was going fine.
I heard he turned the corner as the front end began to fall.
When the right wheel decided it had "hit the wall".
That old front right axle tube made an eerie sound.
When it snapped and the axle shaft is all that kept her off the ground.

Any ways I'm wondering if the welded tubes are worth the extra $ over a used one. Been down this road lots with a Vers 150 and 276 with heavier tubes. This is the first on my 875 and she has 7,000 hrs. She's not a daily runner. Just pulling scraper and harrows mostly.

Any experiences or advice out there? Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Axle tubes

I was always dredding that happening, but sold the 875 before it happened as I ran it with a dozer blade. U can get the steel ones from Gratton Coulee but they are expensive. I had a number somewhere for a fella down in the US somewhere for half the price I will try to find it if you want to try that route.

FWIW Mark

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was worried about it too. This one broke between the flange where it bolts to the diff housing and the frame. Each wheel was prying the frames apart. It opened up over 6". :eek: I was more than a little concerned to say the least. Once we jacked it everything pulled back to within 3/4". Probably pull it the rest of the way with a chain and boomer.

If you could find that # Mark that'd be great. Gratton Coulee is up to $3200. depending on casting #. Of course the one tidbit I never wrote down.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Steel Tubes

K found the number and another to try.

Kent @ 419-965-2733
I think in Ohio.

Schmidt machine number is 866-368-3814, Randy
Also Ohio.

Gives you some options too see if it is worth it. If you decide to go with the US parts it is better to send to a storage facility on the border and go pick up yourself.

FWIW Mark

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a storage facility that you can ship too and I can pick it up as I'm only 15 miles from border that I go down all the time to pick things up. If you want to drive 10 hours to my place, let me know if that's the route you want to go, ask for price to ship to Scobey, montana zip code 59263

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.