The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at buying a 2015 versatile 2375 with 1500 hrs really don't know much about them anybody know the good and bad about them gonna pull 54 ft air drill with 5350 tank got enough hydraulics ? thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
I owned one for 4 years and here is my honest opinion. First of all hydraulics are rated around 45 gpm so if you are running a double fan that will be a stretch when you figure in hydraulic disc drill down pressure and steering. If your not using a disc drill you will be border line. I also used mine on the grain cart. I used the hydraulic motor drive and that was not enough hydraulic power. I would suggest you find one with a pto. The interior of the cab is made very cheaply with a lot of raddles and noise. Some of the newer models did have the updated cab compared to the 2375 classic version. The biggest problem is the engine. A 11l engine just doesn't have the lugging power you would expect from a 855 cummins 0r the newer isx15. Depends on your soil, and hills but I found in heavy clay I ran a 40 foot disc drill for one season and that was more than enough for the 2375. It did not have enough hydraulic capacity to effectively pull the disc drill. I had to have it customized to run at full capacity and the hydraulic pump was really screaming and running hot, I also pulled a 38.5 foot tandem disc just barely. You will lose a lot of rpms under high load. One advantage is the tractor will get a little better fuel consumption than the isx15 but you got to figure out the acres per hour for a true representation. I check into tuning this cummins but was advised not to by my local mechanic. This model I believe is the second highest model in that cummins family. I believe they made a 400 as well. When I sold mine the buyer seemed quit concerned about the transmission failing. Mine was ok so I am not privy to that issue. Another pro I guess is it is a fairly simple tractor with not too many bells and whistles. You might want to check on the wheel weights and tire rim options. I had 800 metric with the wide one piece dual rims. I dreaded the day if I ever had a inside flat. Just dont get fooled with the low price and 375 hp. I was and felt fortunate to sell it and buy a tractor with the proper features for the job. Always think a little a head of what kind of applications you will use the tractor because agriculture is changing faster than you update equipment. Honestly I could go on on with the faults of this tractor!Hope this helps. I switched over to a jd 9530 with the double hyd pump and power shift feature and that was a game changer.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had a 2375 and pulled a 47’ 5710 with a dual fan 5350 cart.
I had lots of engine power. Tractor was weighted ok for the drill (was tilled ground). However, I did lose the hydraulic cooler and emptied the hydraulic system in the field. I was running both fans, subsequent research told me this was not a freak accident, system was overworked.
I liked the tractor, but it was too light for the tillage I was doing. Was too light for a 22’ Wishek, lots of wheel spinning. Lots of extra power though for that, just too light. Without a power shift, if you start powering out on a climb with a tool in the ground then you will most likely have to shift down to 1st gear to restart crawling up the hill.
I was ok with the cab, not many squeaks in mine.
I ended up trading the tractor on a heavy frame Vers 550 and am happy now. I didn’t need a 550, was looking for a 450 because it was heavy frame but got a leftover 550 at good price.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Would there be any affordable Versatile 2360 in the area? That one would have the N14 motor in it. Not sure how big or type of seeder the OP is pulling though

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Have a 2375 for the last 5 years plus. Pull a 51’foot double shoot with 430 tanks and it’s got lots of power. 710 meterics great fit for the tractor. Got weights in back but not front. Should have more weight.
Only complaint is the lack of room in the cab. After I put the drill monitor and tremble there ain’t a whole lot left.
Saved 100k going this way and I don’t regret it

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have a 2004 2425 for 3 years now. Tractor has enough power and traction to handle a 40’ drill. I got it cheap for the hours it had as the rubber was getting worn. That and some electrical gremlins are about my only concerns. Think I got the gremlin solved, and changing those tires is best done with a large forklift with a tirehandler. These tractors must be cheap and simple as dealers are far and few between. CUMMINS will work on the engine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Would there be any affordable Versatile 2360 in the area? That one would have the N14 motor in it. Not sure how big or type of seeder the OP is pulling though
I run a 2360 with standard transmission pulling a 47' Bourgault with 5350 cart with 2 fans. Pulled fine but was a little underpowered in the big hills. Especially when cart full. Boosted HP to 425 and works good. Don't need 425 hp all the time but nice to have in out hilly land.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Maybe I should not be too negative on the 2375. Mine was the 2014 classic version and I think the newer 375 models have the updated cab and hydraulics. Farmer ron 48 and snapper 22 are right about the idea of the 855 cummins in the 2360 and the 2425. The point I wanted to make is lugging power is better with a bigger displacement engine and also it doesn't have to work as hard and runs cooler under heavy load resulting in a longer lasting engine. I wish my soil conditions in the red river valley would allow me to run less horsepower and a wider implement like meritmat 2 can. I would save a lot of money. My farm was Verstile for 50 years until my latest deere. I was disappointed when buhler sold the majority stakes to a Russia company. I know for sure I dont see a lot of new versatile tractors heading out of Winnipeg anymore like a few years ago. Would be interesting to see the sales now with the declined farm economy. Kind of sad to see a decline in a made in Manitoba company though.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Yup the 2375 is a tin can hehe. The 375 is a totally diff machine. Think it’s got the fancy cab and more Hudralic flow.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Unless you're in light land you'll probably struggle to pull unless it's fully weighted on the 710's and then maybe just. That new of a tractor it will be considered a classic. They can be tuned to 425hp but I've heard the reliability goes down. You can tweak the hydraulics to get 50gpm out but you're maxed at that point. We have a couple running twin fan bourgaults and once the hyd's tweaked no problem. These units aren't designed for constant down pressure drills. If you went with a 375 or 400 model you get the bigger cab like the HHP units got and the same hydraulics which would put out 58gpm and are a dual piston pump and are designed for constant down pressure. They weight a little bit more than the classics but not much but you could get different tire options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts