The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First problem, runs rough when first starting. Take approximately 10 minutes to get it going. Once it is going takes another 5 minutes to inch the throttle up high enough for hydro-stat to engage. It then run great until you have to shut it off them the cycle has to repeat. I have changed the wires, plugs, fuel filter, carb kit, governor, points and condenser. Looking for suggestions
Second problem, double swath header will not move from side to side. Having trouble trying to locate solenoid to see if that is the problem. Any ideas welcome

·
Registered
457 Posts
Air filter? I have a tractor that used to run weird like that and realized there was mouse nest in the air inlet in front of the air filter. The solenoids are on the back of the header. There's a valve block there somewhere. At least that's how mine was. It was an 81 I think.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Timing chain? Adjust the timing? Points set properly?
Been a few years since we had one. I played with the timing on the points and distributor to get it running properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Air filter? I have a tractor that used to run weird like that and realized there was mouse nest in the air inlet in front of the air filter. The solenoids are on the back of the header. There's a valve block there somewhere. At least that's how mine was. It was an 81 I think.
Yes solenoids are on the back, just hard to find replacements

1 - 5 of 5 Posts