The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having dpf issues with their versy? Both ours are not regenerating. Getting engine codes/warning lights/engine shut down/derating. On one the regen inhibit light won't go off. Pain in the arse

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yes I have/had that. Stuck in Regen Inhibit mode, can’t change it. I had a bunch of error codes and I assumed they were related to the emissions, but turns out my coolant level was low (sensor is near the top). Topped it off and codes went away and tractor runs. If I scroll trough the settings the Regen Inhibit mode is still enabled but the engine shutdown and derate has gone away. Error codes were SPN 111 and FMI 18 & 1.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out DPF are plugged on both tractors. Is this is so common why not make it a maintenance piece?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
As New_Farmer indicated, an active fault will prevent the system from allowing a regen, and coolant level problems are quite common, even in the on-highway version, the ISX. Beyond that, make sure you are not allowing the engine to idle for excessive periods of time, cool exhaust and an engine that isn't at operating temperature will contribute to DPF and DOC face-plugging issues. EGR systems in general (and the big Cummins engines are a great example) tend to compromise an engines long term health, the same way smoking cigarettes coats your lungs. Soot-coated intake and exhaust temperature and pressure sensors cause these sensors to lie to the ECM. Carbon fouls the valves, piston rings, variable turbo mechanism, etc. The engine can't breathe properly, and a diesel that can't breathe properly smokes, simple as that. Either keep it clean and functional and original, or a high-quality de-mandate is in order. In the past I've been an outspoken critic of those that would choose to alter their machines' emissions systems. I'm not too proud to admit that I've reconsidered that stance and have sought out solutions providers to align myself with.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tractor will idle for max 45 minutes at lunch time. 30 minutes during each fill(although I usually throttle up a bit for filling). Shouldn't whatever builds up during those periods burn off when tractor does a regen when working?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
It should, you are correct. Something else is not happy, though, and without seeing what's happening with Cummins InSite plugged in I would only be guessing, and that doesn't help you. Where are you located?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Running at 1950 rpm. I am located at Delisle,SK. Cummins coming to see why they aren't regenerating when working.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:

One was plugged rad causing high intake temperature which caused engine alarm which restricted regeneration

One was a bare wire on dpf filter sensor that was rubbing on a bracket on the filter itself. This caused false dpf filter plugged alarm. As a result the engine light restricted dpf regeneration as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else having dpf issues with their versy? Both ours are not regenerating. Getting engine codes/warning lights/engine shut down/derating. On one the regen inhibit light won't go off. Pain in the arse
Who did
Who did you end up finding to delete the DPF? Having the same issues with a versatile 550. Located near Sovereign. Looking to have it deleted asap
Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Never deleted. Traded up to 610’s with def 🙄. Now can’t wait to delete the def.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts