The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Poor mans way to disable the egr is to remove the tube that goes into the intake manifold, the tube has a elbow that is designed to help pull exhaust into intake, cut the elbow off of it, I cut a head off of a bolt and welded it in there flush. The EGR valve will continue to do its thing but no exhaust can travel threw it and life is good

·
Registered
2 Posts
it does technically work, yes. but it should also throw a code and go into a soft derate if everything else is working as intended

The ecm measures EGR flow by monitoring turbo rpm drop when the egr valve opens, if it doesnt see this drop it assumes a fault in the EGR system and should throw a code and soft derate. havent tried this on the qsx but the ISX doesnt throw the engine light but does log an active code and goes into a soft derate if you throw the laptop on it and check with insite (which is why people think its fine to do this type of EGR delete)

emissions deletes are readily available for these, same methods as trucks. you can either buy a 'chip' or you can have it flashed

Ive got a flash file ready for whenever ours gives us grief, but so far since weve owned it weve never had a single issue with the emissions. they are alot more reliable than an ISX/onroad in my opinion

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I don't believe the DPF is a problem on the Versatiles QSX, unless you're idling in cold weather. The EGR on the other hand can be a problem. I have spoken with guys who have tried a "chip" on their 550s and have had EGR coolers last 150-200 hours. These chips claim 20-25% more power. They are adding too much fueling and not adjusting other parameters besides fuel injection duration. VGT&DPF equipped machines don't work that well with those chips.

EGR sends soot back into the intake that leads to higher wear but it also bungs up the IMAP sensor which can lead to reduced hp and poor fuel efficiency. The added heat from EGR puts a significant load on the cooling system which leads to higher fan load on the engine. Less available hp and reduced fuel efficiency.

As these tractors come off warranty you will see them demandated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.