The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well apparently the sender is obsolete and there is a kit to adapt a new sender on a remote hose assembly with what they call an interface box and a little bit of wiring.
Problem is this is just about $1000 fix to keep the beeping alarm off and driving me nuts.
$670 plus freight for interface "kit" magic box and adapter wire is what I'm told
$140 for pressure sender
Hose and fitting needed extra.
Any one with experience in this?
Outrageous price for a pressure sender fix

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I thought of that, theres a problem with the alarm constantly squealing in my ear you can't stand to drive it.
And it ties up the lcd display for ground speed and engine rpm with STOP.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You can take the cluster apart and pull the wire off of the alarm. You will still lose your ground speed but at least you won't lose your mind listening to that beeper. Rpm is still there on the little bar graph. You will also have to keep a closer eye on temp gauge now too since no alarm will go off. I put a new sending unit in last year for around 200 bucks and found out it is a problem in the cluster. Yet this spring when it got really hot outside the dash started working.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn’t think it was a dash problem.
But it could be?
My diagnosis was tap the sender with a small wrench and the bar graph jumped up a couple more bars alarm went off and seemed to straighten things right up for a while.
So I though probably just a bad sender?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Blue Wood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Is the oil pressure just a on-off idiot light or does it actually read pressure? Go to a shop building generators and they should be able to hook you up with a replacement sending unit for 50-100bucks depending what kind you need.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can take the cluster apart and pull the wire off of the alarm. You will still lose your ground speed but at least you won't lose your mind listening to that beeper. Rpm is still there on the little bar graph. You will also have to keep a closer eye on temp gauge now too since no alarm will go off. I put a new sending unit in last year for around 200 bucks and found out it is a problem in the cluster. Yet this spring when it got really hot outside the dash started working.
Can you look up the part number of the sender you installed for me?
Or post a picture of it?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Can you look up the part number of the sender you installed for me?
Or post a picture of it?
Do you know the circuitry of the sender MF? Is it just Power - Ground - Variable voltage for pressure ? Just a thought I Googled "3 wire oil pressure sender for gauge and alarm". Not sure if that is what you need but lots of 1/8" NPT senders came up for $20 - 30. If you only need a variable voltage signal to satisfy the tractor module maybe a little creative wiring would make it happy. If you just put 12V to the oil pressure input on the module would that stop the buzzer? And then run a manual Stewart Warner gauge???

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you know the circuitry of the sender MF? Is it just Power - Ground - Variable voltage for pressure ? Just a thought I Googled "3 wire oil pressure sender for gauge and alarm". Not sure if that is what you need but lots of 1/8" NPT senders came up for $20 - 30. If you only need a variable voltage signal to satisfy the tractor module maybe a little creative wiring would make it happy. If you just put 12V to the oil pressure input on the module would that stop the buzzer? And then run a manual Stewart Warner gauge???
I'm not sure on the circuitry Transaxial.
I tried testing the sender with the ohmmeter I didn't learn much, even applied 60lbs air pressure and I tested again to see if I got a variation in resistance between any of the terminals or to the sender body and the result was minimal to none.
Put sender back on and it worked long enough to do 16 acres of summerfallow.
I should check the tractor plug like you say maybe a power, ground and a variable.
I'm a little nervous to just jump wires in the plug because I really didn't want to fry the dash up not knowing what those wires do exactly.
I assumed two wires would be variable resistance in the plug?
Dealer gave me copies of the service bulletins all I saw mentioned is the original sender was made by borg warner and is no longer available replaced by one from Texas Instruments.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I haven't had this problem yet but am curious as to whether it uses 12V or 5V. Everything in a vehicle for yrs has used 5V. I guess a check of the voltage coming to the sender would tell you. Have you checked the voltage?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts