The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well apparently the sender is obsolete and there is a kit to adapt a new sender on a remote hose assembly with what they call an interface box and a little bit of wiring.
Problem is this is just about $1000 fix to keep the beeping alarm off and driving me nuts.
$670 plus freight for interface "kit" magic box and adapter wire is what I'm told
$140 for pressure sender
Hose and fitting needed extra.
Any one with experience in this?
Outrageous price for a pressure sender fix

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Just put a generic gauge and sender, it’s a 25 year old tractor. Another thought, you could go to Cummins and see if the senders they put in semi’s might be the same, lots of trucks had the N14.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I thought of that, theres a problem with the alarm constantly squealing in my ear you can't stand to drive it.
And it ties up the lcd display for ground speed and engine rpm with STOP.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You can take the cluster apart and pull the wire off of the alarm. You will still lose your ground speed but at least you won't lose your mind listening to that beeper. Rpm is still there on the little bar graph. You will also have to keep a closer eye on temp gauge now too since no alarm will go off. I put a new sending unit in last year for around 200 bucks and found out it is a problem in the cluster. Yet this spring when it got really hot outside the dash started working.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn’t think it was a dash problem.
But it could be?
My diagnosis was tap the sender with a small wrench and the bar graph jumped up a couple more bars alarm went off and seemed to straighten things right up for a while.
So I though probably just a bad sender?
4F32F2E2-57D1-4615-AB75-D916912A368C.jpeg

·
Registered
938 Posts
Is the oil pressure just a on-off idiot light or does it actually read pressure? Go to a shop building generators and they should be able to hook you up with a replacement sending unit for 50-100bucks depending what kind you need.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can take the cluster apart and pull the wire off of the alarm. You will still lose your ground speed but at least you won't lose your mind listening to that beeper. Rpm is still there on the little bar graph. You will also have to keep a closer eye on temp gauge now too since no alarm will go off. I put a new sending unit in last year for around 200 bucks and found out it is a problem in the cluster. Yet this spring when it got really hot outside the dash started working.
Can you look up the part number of the sender you installed for me?
Or post a picture of it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts