The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
It's an interesting predicament, I guess so far Putin seems only interested in starving his people. Notice how he cut off food imports first?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not to get off geopolitics, but what are the reports on the Versatile combines? I hear they can be had cheap.......probably for a reason.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I would think that it wouldn't affect the production of anything that is made here in North America. Like was pointed out, there combines haven't been a big seller yet.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Not that they don't make a capable machine at a more desirable price, but they just have to much ground to make up, for no more dealers than there are. I'm sure its more likely that versatile combines will get a foothold in Canada and the northern U.S., but I don't see it happening here. We can't even get Agco to get the ball rolling here and Claas/Lexion seems to be getting thinner and thinner, in these parts. If versatile combines are made in the U.S. and Canada, then I hope they do well.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Cousin has the first vers, cheapest combine to run, on a lease you have nothing to lose, and we could speak the reps language. Smaller than a class bigger than a deere. **** thing works fine. I swear he has had less issues than name brands, and no tier 4.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
It's an interesting predicament, I guess so far Putin seems only interested in starving his people. Notice how he cut off food imports first?
I would love to weigh in on this, but the audience insn't big enough nor is the prize money.

I will say Putin only stopped food imports from the war hawks.

It's NATO that is trying to prevent Russia from importing food from South American nations to create a hardship for the Russian citizens.

By the way the only place in eastern Ukraine with functioning law without anarchy and civil war is Crimea.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I would love to weigh in on this, but the audience insn't big enough nor is the prize money.

I will say Putin only stopped food imports from the war hawks.

It's NATO that is trying to prevent Russia from importing food from South American nations to create a hardship for the Russian citizens.

By the way the only place in eastern Ukraine with functioning law without anarchy and civil war is Crimea.
So who's stopping Canadian pork from entering Russia then? Are we war hawks?

Creating hardship for Russian citizens only effects the poor but I suppose it's good for news coverage.

How is Crimea doing so far?

PS, I don't know who is the bad guy here but it is the lower class Ukrainian and Russian citizen that suffers because of this. The elite do just fine playing their power games.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
So who's stopping Canadian pork from entering Russia then? Are we war hawks? QUOTE]

Russia can buy pork from anywhere in the world if NATO, The World Bank and the IMF doesn't exert pressure on weaker nations not to sell it to them.

The Puppet government in Ukraine is pleading to join NATO and the Canadian government is working on plans to put 10 000 troops in Ukraine under the NATO banner to kill Ukrainians that speek Russian, unless people speek up and say F*** YOU.

Yes, we have become war hawks. We just finished 800 bombing missions in Libya to destroy the countries infrastructure and create ISIS, that is now over running Syria and Iraq. All for an imperialist banking industry.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Not that they don't make a capable machine at a more desirable price, but they just have to much ground to make up, for no more dealers than there are. I'm sure its more likely that versatile combines will get a foothold in Canada and the northern U.S., but I don't see it happening here. We can't even get Agco to get the ball rolling here and Claas/Lexion seems to be getting thinner and thinner, in these parts. If versatile combines are made in the U.S. and Canada, then I hope they do well.
The farm machinery market should be the easiest established market for a relative newcomer to break into. If versatile wants to become a force in the combine market, just offer a reasonable/decent standard warranty, like, say 5 years/2000hrs. IMO it boarders on criminal what farmers pay for equipment that comes with virtually no warranty.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
So who's stopping Canadian pork from entering Russia then? Are we war hawks? QUOTE]

Russia can buy pork from anywhere in the world if NATO, The World Bank and the IMF doesn't exert pressure on weaker nations not to sell it to them.

The Puppet government in Ukraine is pleading to join NATO and the Canadian government is working on plans to put 10 000 troops in Ukraine under the NATO banner to kill Ukrainians that speek Russian, unless people speek up and say F*** YOU.

Yes, we have become war hawks. We just finished 800 bombing missions in Libya to destroy the countries infrastructure and create ISIS, that is now over running Syria and Iraq. All for an imperialist banking industry.
Oh, according to the news I heard Putin put a ban on Canadian Ag products but you may be right.

Canada has 10,000 troops and the capability to make bombing runs? You must be referring to the US, NATO or something.

I'm not sure what is going on over there, at the beginning people were demonstrating against Ukraine entering agreements with Russia now they are fighting each other (or against the Russians or someone...). There are around 45 million innocent people in the middle of this mess that just want to get on with their lives and apparently families of Russian soldiers that are disappearing now and returning dead with no explanations.

You may be way better informed then me but this is my understanding from what I've gathered through news and other sources that may or may not be biased or truthful.

I wonder if Versatile could pack up their technology and start producing combines here, I think Massey did all right back in the day, Versatile tractors just seems to be limping along so far.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Haystack, you might just want to back off from the conspiracies a little and consider facts that are apparent to all. Only one country has invaded the sovereign country of Ukraine. That action of Putin has no excuses that are justifiable. There may be some truth to the other stuff you've said but don't loose sight of the bigger picture.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I stand corrected Canada only performed 733 bombing missions when they invaded Libya from the air and left it in in anarchy. To my knowledge there is no anarchy in Crimea and the people there have voted to remain under the protection of Russia as opposed to being forced to flee or be killed. I know for a fact Russia did not drop any bombs on Crimea.

Canada contributed a disproportionate amount to Libya air strikes: sources

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Also remember that the US *helped* pushed an elected government out of the Ukraine one that was Russia friendly. Granted your never going to read that in the Liberal media. So when Russia saw that the US was trying to set up a US/Western Europe government they decided to act. Sadly Putin vs Obama is so one sided its not even funny...and the black dude aint winning.

All and all its a big mess

·
Registered
390 Posts
He won't do anything, hes already proven that time after time
/shrug
I thought you might have a solution to suggest for the mess over there.
My main point is when it comes to dealing with world yard bullies like Putin it's not too simple. Obama is probably one of the weakest presidents in US history but that doesn't mean that anyone else would have an easy answer for dealing with a belligerent like Putin.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Bullies respond to fear. If Regan was in power do you think Putin would try this? no as with George Bush Sr. Sadly the way Obama has handled North Korea, Syria and Iran theres nothing to fear.

As the great Theodore Roosevelt once said

speak softly, and carry a big stick

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I honestly don't know all of the dynamics that have gone on in the Ukraine in modern history.

What I do understand for a certainty is that the leaders of what is perceived to be the free world and their spokespersons routinely stand at a podium and make false statements.

Either they are incapable of objective reasoning, or as was said in a recently released movie, someone has their arm so far up their A$$ they can move their lips.

This short clip gives a simplified glimpse of the the governance in the present Ukraine. Conspiracy? Well, conspiracies only take two people, I'm afraid when it comes to western foreign policy there are millions complicity involved.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.