The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic may have been brought up on here before, need some insight on these tractors.
Presently I run a Quadtrac 535, and looking to possibly upgrade. Would like to get something in the 580-620 HP.
Have heard the Versatiles cab is louder than the other brands? How is the ride?
Price on these tractors seemed to be priced a little “cheaper” than the other brands.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
157 Posts
This topic may have been brought up on here before, need some insight on these tractors.
Presently I run a Quadtrac 535, and looking to possibly upgrade. Would like to get something in the 580-620 HP.
Have heard the Versatiles cab is louder than the other brands? How is the ride?
Price on these tractors seemed to be priced a little “cheaper” than the other brands.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
IMO no reason to buy any other tractor than a Versatile. Horsepower at a significant discount from any other tractor in that high horsepower range. Why spend more money on a tractor that goes up the field then turns around at the other end and repeats. Well built, simple and reliable. We have had no more issues in 10 years than guys with JD or Case(maybe less).

·
Registered
927 Posts
the neighbour has both a CaseIH and a Challenger. The son prefers the CaseIH and the father prefers the Challenger. What they told me is the Challenger is smoother on the road and shorter turning obviously. The son like the CaseIh in field under load turning better.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Pretty sure cash deal on a DT610 you'd be at least 150K cheaper than a Case. Case is cheaper than Deere. RX no quieter than a Versatile and lighter. Quite a few JD deals going one of two shades of red. New DT come with 3yr bumper to bumper.
2 track Challenger less Hydraulics and a V8 Sisu crammed in there. vs 4 track I'd pay more for a DT. And I've been running 2 tracks for over 20 years.

Now the new 2 track Fendt, Man engine, 116 gal hyd. flow and a CVT transmission would be nice to try.

·
Registered
927 Posts
So 25gpm less flow than the DT. I'm sure 85 is enough. I'm not a fan of the V12. I'm told not to many are thus Agco's switch to the Man. I'm sure its a good tractor. If you have no potholes 2 track is the way to go.
We've run a Challenger since 2004 and have had good luck with them. We have lots of sloughs and pot holes the 2 track never seemed to be an issue, sure it don't turn as good as a 4wd, but in general hasn't been a problem. We ran CaseIh prior to '04.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took a DT 570 for a “test” drive the other day. Definitely isn’t as quiet as Case. Cab is nice and big, lots of leg room, pretty plain Jane though.
I like where the batteries are placed.
Found out something real interesting from Cummins. All the motors from the 500 to the 610 HP are the same. The only thing different in each is the ECM. May as well order a 500 put ECM in that will push it to 610HP.
Difference in price from 500 to 610 is huge. Don’t think an ECM is 125-150k difference. Looks to me stealerships are selling 610HP for price of a 500.
Could be wrong but something seems off.
I’m keeping all options open.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I was looking at a 460 wheeled unit on the versatile build and price site. Base price before options is roughly $10,000 more than a 520. I know your looking at a delta trac, but moving forward, if things go a planned, I'll be going to a 520. Have had really good luck with our 375. How these companies price things is a little annoying, I guess if suckers like me are still willing to pay the price, they will keep charging as much as they can. Still a more cost effective option than a CNH or Deer 4wd

Reactions: ZEEMAN

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Case and NH have different components in all their Cummins engines, besides the software.
Im getting quotes tomorrow on the Versatiles, 570 and 610. Should be interesting to see the difference in software prices.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts