The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if anyone was packing silage with a Versatile tractor? We are looking at getting another packing tractor before corn harvest and wondered if anyone has ran one and what they thought of it. Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I demo'd one of their delta tracks on a silage pile last year. Seemed like shoddy workmanship all around but it was one of their pre production models of the delta track. Some other guys around here that used non articulated versas for tillage are planning on selling them based on fuel consumption alone.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I drove one around a dealer lot with the same thought in mind, tried to picture it with a blade on the front and comparing it with an stx. First off the cab and controls were comfortable, but i missed the left hand forward/reverse, but the extra 2 reverse gears would be nice. It seemed like you sat farther back and forward visibility when trying to see the cutting edge might be worse. Biggest drawback i saw would depend on the type of piles you make. They are alot wider between the tires. Not a big deal if your always on a big pile, but if your ever in a narrow bunker or smaller pile it would make it more difficult to get the middle packed.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Was just wondering if anyone was packing silage with a Versatile tractor? We are looking at getting another packing tractor before corn harvest and wondered if anyone has ran one and what they thought of it. Thanks!
You didn`t say what vintage? New or used?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I demo'd one of their delta tracks on a silage pile last year. Seemed like shoddy workmanship all around but it was one of their pre production models of the delta track. Some other guys around here that used non articulated versas for tillage are planning on selling them based on fuel consumption alone.
the MFWD versy's are thirsty girls. Cummins+Powershift=Big fuel bill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.