The Combine Forum banner

Vintage machinery pics. Part 1.

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  kevlar 
#1 ·
Some photo's I took recently that may be of interest.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Part 2.

More pics.

Attachments

#3 ·
I spent many hours fixing those Massey 1200's. Actually quite a good tractor for their time .... apart from the noise, "comfortless cabin", mongrel hydraulic pumps location, contortionist mechanical approach required to work on them ....... they could could pull like a school boy ..... multi speed transmission was a POS .... if they had an eight speed transmission they were better ..... 1250 came with eight speed from memory.
So apart from those things ...... they were OK!

#5 · (Edited)
O.K. I have found a link to a video of the place where I took the photo's.
This museum of social history is privately owned and created and is located at Hawera, New Zealand and in my opinion is one of the best of it's type in the world.
New Zealand is an interesting and exciting hunting ground for old machinery enthusiasts, as they tended to import a wide variety from many different countries. They have a lot of very rare, or one-off designed quirky pieces and collectables prices are still comparatively low compared to the rest of the developed world. The machinery/toy model collection is only one part of the museum and is excellent.

#6 ·
No restorations - these are scans from my father's extensive slide collection. These would have been taken during his time as Ag Rep in Shellbrook from 1960 to 1972

Attachments

#7 ·
More ...........

The scraper is likely connected to Gardiner Dam. He must have been there during the construction because there are several images that are obviously from there.

Attachments

#12 ·
I always love seeing these old machines! Hard to imagine the amount of work involved back then, a guy should have some of these on every farm so when you are having a bad day, you could go run an old open station combine for a day, all of a sudden things would seem so much better!

Reactions: Border Farmer
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.