The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at upgrading the sprayer this year and am undecided on which GPS to go with. Considering both the Case Patriot and the NH front boom. It will have AIM command or the sharpshooter system depending on colour. I have had lots of experience with Intelliview 4, and find that while it does some things great, some areas are weak for spraying application.

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to use the Viper 4, and whether they could give a review on the monitor? Also, which monitor between the two would people prefer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I just installed Viper 4 in my SP 240 F sprayer. Haven't sprayed much with it but up to now I really like how the viper 4 communicate with the sprayer. Customizing the work screen is great. It also works good when you want to clean up your tank in manual mode. Slingshot is great for transfering data and is free compared to CNH. Display is pretty fast but Intelliview is pretty much the same. Display is pretty straight forward and easy to use. Ability to enter the ingredients of your mix can also be useful to track down chemical use

Problem I find with it:
- Can't use my Trimble or CNH guidance lines
- No boundary option to know the area of your field before you're done. (apparently they are working on this)
- No summary option to know how much you sprayed this year or total acres of all the farms of one customer

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't have any experience with a viper 4 but have about 2000 hours experience with an envisio pro raven system. I also have about 250 hours with an intelliview 4 system, while each system has their own advantages,I actually prefer the intelliview system. If you want to devalue a sprayer, just add sharpshooter IMO. It definitely isn't worth the headaches for my operation. 650 hours on the sprayer and way too many issues with that droplet drifting SOB.... broken wires, loose connections, replacing solenoids, just to name a few..... Looking forward to going back to something that actually works next year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone. The inability to set up a boundary on the viper 4 for it to stop spraying is something I had hoped they had fixed from the pro. Does the viper 4 tell you how many acres are in the field once you have a boundary set up?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I don't have any experience with a viper 4 but have about 2000 hours experience with an envisio pro raven system. I also have about 250 hours with an intelliview 4 system, while each system has their own advantages,I actually prefer the intelliview system. If you want to devalue a sprayer, just add sharpshooter IMO. It definitely isn't worth the headaches for my operation. 650 hours on the sprayer and way too many issues with that droplet drifting SOB.... broken wires, loose connections, replacing solenoids, just to name a few..... Looking forward to going back to something that actually works next year.
X2! I wished I had realized the above about 20K dollars sooner. I am having same issue. Playing with solenoids that stop working, rusty parts, predominate problem seems to be broken wires going to the solenoids. Not a cheap system to maintain and it seems when you should be out spraying, there is always one somewhere that isn't spraying. I think I should have stuck with my air induction nozzles which work really well for drift control. It is worse than a partially plugged nozzle as it doesn't have any output at all until you stop and fix it.:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.