The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problems with boomsense/speed node going offline checks wiring, fuses, connections. Local dealer is leaving me out to dry with this. Sick of waiting on hold for raven help. Anyone out there with a similar problem?

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you have to send your controller into Raven you will be a month without your machine. If you wait the four hours for a tech make sure you have a good voltage meter handy, without it you will wait another four hours the next time you call.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does the node have all the lights working on it? Should have CAN RX and CAN TX flashing when it is working.
Also check your CAN end connectors. You will find one in the metal black box half way down the right side and the other one is in the top panel down to the right of the arm rest. These are little black sqaures with raven written on them. Try swapping these over and see if it changes your problem to another node. It doesnt sound like a problem with the Viper 4 more of a CAN/BUS system problem.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Im running a Viper 4 in my new RG1300 with no problems. Does your dealer think its a Viper 4 problem? If so, do they have a loaner Viper Pro you can prove them wrong with? I agree with 9517, sounds like a CAN problem or node power problem. Could even be the node itself. Is your RG1300 still under warranty?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
have you treid a battery dissconect if i get any issue i do one of then for 5 mins but i ha ve got into a routien of shutting the batterys off over night every 3 days of use or if parked more than a day it seems to re set lots of things this was from the raven rep also from rogator top guy mines a 12 machine so one of the first apart from the one raven issue ive been supper happy

these 2013 14 models with raven seems to issues

·
Registered
9 Posts
The boom speed sense node does not have lights on it. You need to swap out for a new node before any other diagnosis can occur.
I would be looking at those CAN/BUS terminators before trying to get hold of a expensive part to change out. I'm not saying the node isnt the problem, there are just other ways to eliminate that he can do right now without having another part.

Stand corrected on the node having lights. I was thinking it was the accuboom/boom sense node he was having the issue with

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think it's the actual computer. I've been having issues all season with accuboom and my sidekick injection system. Software update fixed those two problems but s struggling with the boom/speed node. Dealer bringing my old viper pro and a node out today. 1500 acres of potatoes every 3 days, 2000 aces corn and 1000 acres of wheat with one sprayer and applicator. Thanks for the help and I'll let you all know what we find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 1100 and started it one day with the same problems. Turns out there was a broken wire somewhere in the back corner of the cab. The dealer fixed it all but apparently there has been lots of problems with broken wires on the 2015 models.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.