The Combine Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
competition bureau dropped the ball when Sk wheat pool took over Agricore!! created a monoply around here

·
Premium Member
4,745 Posts
You think they dropped the ball then?!:
Agrium gets OK to buy 210 retail outlets from Viterra

When the competition bureau make that sort of a decision there is no competition bureau, just the "Here Agrium, your silver platter has arrived" bureau!:mad:
That is concerning for sure.....but I guess we're supposed to look at it this way, its going to be four years before they really stick it to us:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Costco here we come, I believe they just got a fresh shipment of 20 liter pails of Vaseline in ... sounds like I'll need at least one pail to "fit" my future needs :mad:

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
...oops, if you're 100% confident that Agriun will pillage and profits are headed for the moon, hedge it and buy AGU stock.
The two outcomes aren't necessarily connected. You (farmers) can get a royal screwing while Agrium mismanages the excess margins and pees it all away on useless employees. I don't know what's going to happen but I do know this for a fact: when a CPS store comes to town the operating margins go up. They don't compete on price.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts