The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took our service truck out to fill a tire on the grain trailer, but as I was doing it an air line started leaking and I lost all the compressor oil. It has a vmac underhood compressor and I am wondering if there is a universal screw compressor oil that will work in it. Whatever vmac manual I can find only says to use their oil, which is kind of a pain as the closest dealer is a couple hours away.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I would suggest you try calling the tech centers of major oil companies and tell them exactly what you have compressor wise and see if they manufacture a product that is designed for exactly that purpose. It can be a tossup when one walks into a local bulk oil dealer as they may have no clue about some of the oils and their applications. Its too expensive of an item to just take a wild guess and dump in something assuming it should be fine. That's what I would do if I were in your position ...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
In most of my compressors i use mobil compressor oil -- recips and vane types as well as screws . The only thing is it come in a five gallon pail .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kybol,
I've got the same situation. Did you come up with equivalent for the VMAC oil?

a repair shop told me they use a mobile rarus that I crossed to a plain jane R&O 100 compressor oil.
But I'm told the VMAC is synthetic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone is still following this thread

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I service a couple of tire shops that have them, and I haven't yet found anything that I trust to work. I just quit trying to re-invent the wheel, and carry a basic service kit in my inventory so I always have a filter and some oil on hand.

·
Registered
106 Posts
NGP-100 or 150 from summit will work
Any 100 or 150 oil will work. You can even mix the 2 .
You can get a service kit too from anyone that puts service trucks together.
Any natural gas compressor place like enerflex, bidell , catwauk or compression technology up in GP will have screw compressor oil that will work in 5 gal

·
Registered
906 Posts
Amsoil has compressor oil in ISO 32, 46, 68, and 100.

46 and 100 can be bought by the quart. I'm a dealer for it if you are further interested and can get it shipped to your door.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Biggest thing is to find the viscosity. Once you know that any synthetic oil will work. Don't know how much your unit holds but buying a 5 gallon pail might not hurt. If the deal is only a couple hours away that may be the way to go shipping 5 gallons ain't cheap

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ya them vmacs always throwing up oil. Nothin but problems. When i talked to them the other day they told me vmac compressor oil is chevron cetus DE32. They just throw a label on it. if u look at vmac oil sds it even say chevron cetus DE32.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to post on an old thread but I'm from VMAC and want to clarify a few things, since these posts tend to stick around and other people might use some incorrect info from this post and accidentally void their warranty.

Please note that 100 or 150 weight oil shouldn't ever be used with VMAC air compressor systems, as it can cause problems with the system and will void your warranty.

In addition, VMAC cannot recommend alternate compressor oils. VMAC compressor oil is a synthetic lubricant specially formulated with an additive package for our rotary screw compressor that allows it work at the high rotor speeds, high air pressures, and higher temperatures our compressors run at. This lubricant also works properly in our Air/Oil Separation process.

Poor performance of, or failure of a VMAC system resulting from the use of non-VMAC compressor oil is not covered by VMAC Warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts