The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and payed a visit to my little brother.He was shelling irrigated corn over near Panhandle.He works for Vieth Bros. here in Amarillo.He is running one of the grain carts right now.They had two 9660s with twelve row heads the day I came.According to him,it was making about 250bpa.Those two combines were sure giving the four trucks a workout!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nice pictures! The Veith Bros. sure do get around, huh? They seem to be everywhere...at once!

The Veith Bros. always have nice machines. Ken Veith, the father, was telling me about 5 older, used machines that they purchased for 'extra machines'. They are 4x4, and he said they spent an average of about $14k to get them into tip-top shape.

Who's place were they on? I can not see any land marks in the pictures that would help me know their location...I know it was not Friemel Bros., and it wasn't Weinheimer (Little Pat)..What was their 10/20?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He was cutting Mike Friemel's corn on one of his places northwest of Panhandle.He does all the corn and milo for Friemel's.
He has a 9650 sitting in Groom he was using on milo for Texas Tech Research farm on Pantex.

·
Registered
521 Posts
BIGhp6030 wrote:

Quote:He was cutting Mike Friemel's corn.......

Hmmm. I thought they had their own machines..(?)

Oh well, it's no matter...they stay busy, and work hard al lthe time.

Do you know what it was yielding? (Friemel's)
How about the TT Plot @ Pantex?

I am going to test some milo (of my own) this afternoon! There are [still] some green berries, but I am hoping that there is enough dry milo, so that everything will average "dry" [enough]!! Pray that it will work, as the milo around here is not going to stand up forever. I have heard of some guys around here already hooking up/using their Row Heads. We had pretty strong wind ~out of the north~ last night...Milo, at this stage, usually won't 'stand' (pun intended
) much of that!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That particular circle was doing 250+ bushels.
I know they cut some dryland on TT,but it wasn't any test plots.
Friemel's used to have two combines,but Vieth's has been doing their cutting for three years or so now.
My cousin over in Panhandle said they were gonna try some by the end of the week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts