The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen an app or uses rh alarm of any kind instead of setting my alarm every hour to check rh on the phone at the local weather station, when I'm trying to get my hay baled

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go to the ozforecast site and enter your town. Down the bottom right of the new page will be a 7 or 8 day forecast. Where it lists each day of the forecast click on the day you want to look at in detail. This will bring up an expanded table of every hour for that day. It lists estimated RH along with dew point and temp. I use it often when spraying to see if there will be a due or not and if its worth getting out of bed early.

·
Registered
411 Posts
out of curiosity what RH % does it take you to leave the house to go baling? ive generally found ozforcast to be reasonable and the latest weather obsv off BOM give or take an hour or so for good baling conditions.
I will go to the field when it gets to 65% and it wont be long before it will be retaining alfalfa leaves. For triticale or wheat straw I will go around 50%.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This year panhandle is spot on I don't get out of bed for any less than 65% rh, in a year with a little more soil moisture than we've got at the moment it's more like 50% rh

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Here the Dept of Ag has weather stations and you can check them via the net.
So I use that as a rough guide and then head to paddock. Or when a southerly/westerly comes in.
Also have a hygrometer I take with me.
We start at 38% and rising.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.