The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a vac for pulse crops. Have heard that the Walinga's do not crack peas and lentils as much as other vac's. How is their vac different from the others. What does a person look for when buying a used one? I see there are 6 series and 7 series, assume difference is in bu per hour.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Walinga's are noisy and slower than a REM or Brandt. There are no augers in a walinga (just a rotating paddle on the bottom of the grain tank) which I believe may contribute to lack of cracking. If I remember correctly, a 6 series uses 6" pipes and 7 uses 7". Our 6 series is about 3000 bu an hour when running full. I would compare the PTO hp of your tractor(s) and the brochure requirements to make a choice. The bigger the hose the harder it is to lug around. Unless Walinga has lightened their cleanup I would look for the aftermarket cleanup hose on day 1. Don't really know what to look for on a used one as ours has been trouble free from day one.

Good vacs, but won't set any bu/hr records...

·
Registered
369 Posts
The reason we have a Walinga is because of using a Rem. Sure a 7" Rem will out do a 6" Walinga straight out of a bin door but it sure won't out of a pile or on clean up. Not to mention the piss poor clamp setup on a Rem that will drive you to drink. Remember a Deluxe Walinga has crome parts on the inside and the ability to move the spout to top off trucks.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason we have a Walinga is because of using a Rem. Sure a 7" Rem will out do a 6" Walinga straight out of a bin door but it sure won't out of a pile or on clean up. Not to mention the piss poor clamp setup on a Rem that will drive you to drink. Remember a Deluxe Walinga has crome parts on the inside and the ability to move the spout to top off trucks.
alta66 How do you know if your buying a deluxe Walinga. Are the 6614 and the 7614 considered deluxe or it a option on each model?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think they all do damage, especially in dryer peas. We used to run slower and it helped a bit. Small lentils aren't bad but we try to put all peas in hoppers. The air machines are a bit better than the auger type. We have tried both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts