The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am helping a friend with his JD 9500, and was wondering if somebody would PLZ tell me the name (and contact info) of the company that makes under-sized wooden blocks for the straw walkers? (for worn walker cams)
His cam is worn, but he's not wanting to replace everything---just some new wooden blocks.
Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, pard.
How have you been gettin' along?

I haven't talked to you in a while.
BTW: what is (dryland) cash renting for around you?

PM me if you wanna

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do any of these companies make several different sized blocks (according to how worn the cam is)? I realize they might not make a bunch of different sizes, but thought they ought to make at least of couple different ones..

If it were me, I would change the cam, as it is worn considerably (for my taste), but like I said earlier, I am just helping this older man with his 9500, and he wants to do the job ACAP (as cheap as possible
)

Please let me know as quick as you can, as we're needing to get this stuff ordered. Also, is there any difference in these blocks (ie: is one brand 'better' than the other, or are they all alike)?

Thank you.

·
Registered
578 Posts
very little cash leased here at all. have a buddy that got 60 acre pivot for 30 and acre----great for him!!! but other than that i know of none. not to say there isnt any just not much if any. most is sharecropped and on 75/25, and that aint worth a $H%^

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew somebody made undersized blocks! I just couldn't remember who it was...anyway, here is the link for undersized blocks: http://www.abilenemachine.com/shop/custo.... 7ad0c84fde810e

Also, back in mid-October of 2000 & 7, seems like we were having this very same conversation, except I was giving info. instead of asking for it (proves to me that unless I use any certain piece of info. kind of regular-like, I tend to forget the details !!!
) : http://combineforums.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=JD&action=display&thread=1094

1 - 6 of 6 Posts