The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have an 88 gleaner R50 that does not have automatic height control. How can I add this feature on it. Can I use parts off of an L2 that has the auto height control or is there a better affordable option. I have a 25 ft flex head that has the ability to have auto height control. I have had L2s my whole life and this is a new machine for me. Please let me know anything you know about this subject or how good the combines are. It will be use primarily for beans. Thanks!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Find a salvage unit from 1982 or newer (preferably an N5-6-7, R5-6-7, or any R40-50) and get all the wiring from the feederhouse to inside the cab console. It's all wiring and switches, so be sure to get it all. What year is your header and does it have the three "springs" and plastic arm out on the ends of the header???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy that was selling me the 25 ft head backed out. Now I need a head. What heads will fit on these R50s? What years and models? Do you knwo of any salvage yards that could sell me the whole auto header height control? I really appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
660 Posts
I know my uncle has a 318 from his old R50 for sale if you'd be interested in that.
PM me if interested.

·
Registered
34 Posts
just traded a 22 ft 500 series to Farm Shop in edina mo off of R50. Combine went to had an engine fire so he maybe parting it out and it has a brand new header height control module that has cut 50 acres last fall. Agco has some of old stock and with new harness and everything you need it is about $200. I think I have a new harness that I never installed. Bought the whole works and found out only module was bad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts